What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

The Cars - The Cars - CD

23 Likes

Because I don’t have the red greatest hits, lined up these.

17 Likes

Time for a CD test.
Also time for some Rush😉

A Farewell to Kings

14 Likes

Alpha Boys’ School Radio … … … chillin’ to the sound of Jamaica’s finest. :jamaica:

6 Likes

Antonio Forcione - Sketches of Africa

15 Likes

Joe Sample + Ray Brown + Shelly Manne The Three / 1990 East Wind / Japan CD No OBI / EJD3064

6 Likes

Moved onto the Blue Album…

19 Likes

Back to the NDX2 for the next one, as I don’t own a CD of Hemispheres and rules are rules!
Hemispheres (40th Anniversary edition) via Qobuz

7 Likes

On CD:-

Bruckner - Symphony No. 3 from this box set

8 Likes

Could easily be remedied for less than the price of a pint of Guinness!

2 Likes

Yeah, I know.
It’s really daft. There are a few Rush CD’s I don’t own. Gaps in the collection that I really should have filled a very long time ago.
I’ll get around to it eventually…:man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Mate of mine is seeing these guys tonight, so thought I’d give them a listen. Fine finger picking folk tunes, duets for six and twelve string guitars. I’d go with my mate, but he’s 200 miles away…
Jim Ghedi & Toby Hay - The Hawksworth Grove Sessions.

5 Likes

The Beatles - Now and Then

My own copy has arrived and already been played twice. Although the cancelled Amazon copies have been delivered, I look forward to the arrival of blue and red from an alternative retailer next week.

11 Likes

Bette Midler - Jackpot! The Best Bette

10 Likes

Following this mornings conversation thought I’d play an original copy…

Nuffin’ wrong wiv em guv!

:heart:

27 Likes

I still have the originals too. They’re quite thick, dead flat vinyl. Despite having been played on multiple different record players, they still sound surprisingly good.

2 Likes

Of course they do, the only downside for me is the original split stereo, I still much prefer the original Mono mixes for the tracks that come from the albums up to Magical Mystery Tour iirc

Mine arent first presses (I dont think) but earlyish ones, still quite near minty
:+1:

1 Like

Hey John…no peeping!

13 Likes

I’m just playing the second side of the blue album and it’s quite crackly between tracks, which could be something to do with the flip stylus of the ceramic cartridges on the record players from the time. When the music is playing it’s not sounding too bad.

1 Like

I think the vinyl formulations were possibly better back then. My first press Mono of With The Beatles looks like someones ridden a speedway bike all over it, it belonged to my uncle who also played it on one of those old radiograms, but amazingly it plays like brand new.

2 Likes