What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Hopefully not a one off collaboration as it is really good

4 Likes

IMG_0702

2012 Limited Edition white vinyl release… :grinning: :notes: :sunglasses: :+1:t3:

10 Likes

Whilst looking at Beatles comps, decided to revisit this one.
Its a 1971 re issue I think (originally 1966). I remember getting this I would have been about 8 years old. Dad took me into town to choose a record for my birthday, I remember wanting Motown Chartbusters but for some reason the curmudgeonly old git was having none of it and I ended up with this :joy:

A Collection Of Beatles Oldies…But Goodies

Still sounding good and surprisingly cheap on discogs
:heart:

19 Likes

On Vinyl:
81BsnZ3tDxL.AC_UY327_FMwebp_QL65

13 Likes

The Beatles - Beatles For Sale - CD Stereo Box Set

24 Likes

Billy Joel - An Innocent Man

17 Likes

1st run

8 Likes

My parents bought that for me too. Had an HMV stereo where the speakers could be fastened onto the top of the deck for portability. Thought I was in heaven. Also had some Kinks on Marble Arch. Happy days.

2 Likes

No ‘surprises’ here. 1973 UK near mint and sounding as it was intended to!

23 Likes

2CD set, very nicely recorded and fine performance.

4 Likes

I listened to some fab four earlier today and two things stood out. One is that they were a miserable bunch at the start- Go to Him and Misery.
Second was that I probably hadn’t listened to the Blue album for a little while. A wedding invitation fell out inviting me to a friends do in 1974. :rofl:

5 Likes

10 Likes

Are you going to RSVP?
Mind you they might be divorced now

2 Likes

Chris Stapleton - Higher

13 Likes

19 Likes

On Vinyl:
91Y+ObX9XVL.AC_UY327_FMwebp_QL65

7 Likes

So happy to now have access back to my box sets after spending a couple of years as bookends.

A little while back I paid a casual visit to the dealer (no not that one!) who was in the process of conducting a demo. Abbey Rd was playing and I was thinking how good it sounded. He sold a system on the basis of that demo. I later enquired which issue of AR he had been playing (expecting it to be one of the whizzo bells n whistles "audiophile " editions)
“The much maligned one from the stereo box” was the answer.

Theres nowt wrong wiv it to my ears either guvnor

21 Likes

Enjoying on Vinyl

27 Likes

Last saw them 10 years ago. I have rather neglected my old contacts and friends since moving out of the UK. They have a better track record than me though. Stayed together, I may have more than one entry in the marriages part of the births deaths and marriages.

1 Like

Mozart. Sir Thomas Beecham, from, I think the 1950s.

“London’s Walthamstow Town Hall was the venue for many Beecham recordings. Beecham recorded the “Jupiter” symphony on several occasions, the finest being the one contained in EMI’s collection of London Philharmonic performances from 1934-40.”

6 Likes