What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Stock photo

I don’t have the vinyl but I do have this lovely little CD box set which includes my old Kinks vinyl.

11 Likes

Thanks for the heads up, Dave. @dave-marshall

2 Likes

If this album had the classic Forbes/MacNeil/Gaynor lineup I would not hesitate.

First thing I downloaded after returning from 2,500 mile drive.

The Third Mind - The Third Mind 2

Just magnificent and worth the wait.

17 Likes

The Beatles - Revolver - CD Stereo Box Set

30 Likes

A trio of budget Beatles comps on the MFP label 1976 probably bought from Woolworths and still sounding great…

This is nice from EMI 1982, Reel Music. A compilation of tracks from Beatles films with inserts and souvenir programme booklet

From back in the days, no gimmicky remaster, remixing, fomo marketing, unpretentious cheap budget range records that sound damn good!

Pass the pick n mix, theres a good chap!

:heart:

13 Likes

The Beatles | Magical Mystery Tour | 1967
Lot’s of love out there for the new fabs release I’m going back to this old one.

25 Likes

Now playing…

Melody Gardot - Sunset in The Blue

Melody Gardot (Vocals),Ana Gjud (Cello), Anais Bodart (Cello), Angèle Dubeau (Violin), Anna Pacholczak (Violin), Annabelle Ducast (Violin), Anne Lombard (Violin), Annie Tangberg (Cello), Anthony Wilson (Guitar), Antoine Chatenet (Bass, Drums, Guitar, Synthesizer Pads), António Zambujo (Vocals), Arlia de Ruiter (Violin), Astghik Gazhoyan (Viola), Astghik Vardanyan (Violin), Benedicte Leclerc (Viola), Chuck Berghofer (Bass), Chuck Staab (Drums), Dadi Carvalho (Guitar), Dan Oates (Violin), Daniel Higgins (Clarinet), Dominic Miller (Guitar), Dominik Chmurski (Violin), Donny McCaslin (Tenor Saxophone), Elena Rubino (Violin), Emily Sun (Violin), Frederic Sueur (Clarinet), Gabriel Majou (Violin), Gaelle Deblonde (Violin), Gohar Papoyan (Violin), Isabelle Weisse (Violin), Jean-Baptiste Bridon (Horn), Jinho Hong (Cello), John Anderson (Oboe), John Leftwich (Bass), Kasia Dubaniowska (Viola), Larry Klein (Bass, Acoustic Guitar), Lise Voldsdal (Viola), Lou Delebecque (Violin), Lucas Lima (Viola), Marcia Dickstein (Harp), Marie Electra (Violin), Mathilde Rouaud (Viola), Maya Magub (Violin), Mircea Belei (Viola), Moldovan Adela Hania (Cello), Nando Duarte (Acoustic Guitar), Naoko Terai (Violin), Nicola Davis (Violin), Nicolas Stevens (Violin), Norman Jansen (Viola), Oliver Fox (Flute), Paulinho Da Costa (Percussion), Pia Salvia (Harp), Richard Todd (Horn), Sam Minaie (Bass), Steffen Schorn (Bass Clarinet), Steve Kujala (Flute), Sting (Vocals), T.J. Lindgren (Synthesizer Programming), Till Brönner (Trumpet), Tristan Dalmazir (Viola), Ulrich Drechsler (Bass Clarinet)Ulrike Zavelberg (Cello), Vanessa Smith (Cello), Vince Mendoza (Orchestra), Vinnie Colaiuta (Drums) and William Bartholome (Clarinet).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off today with this beautiful album from Melody and she and her assembled orchestra and talented guests are sounding sublime! One very fine album, love it…

21 Likes

Given the current vibe on the thread thought it might have been Drive My Car :+1:

1 Like

This sold for over $50 million about 10 years ago….
IMG_5322

1 Like

A magical album

7 Likes

John Scofield - Swallow Tales, ECM

4 Likes

Cocteau Twins - Garlands. Where it all began for them.
Vinyl - the great 4AD label.

14 Likes

23 Likes

Endtroducing . . . . DJ-Shadow
Classic early hip-hop

15 Likes

Nice enough, perhaps it will be a grower.

9 Likes

It’s a great album seakayaker

Be interesting to see what she does next

I assume she’s still based in Paris

Stevie Wonder - Songs In The Key Of Life

A rather crackly vinyl version passed on by my brother many moons ago. I’m not sure why it has taken me until now to realise that sides 1 and 4 are on one LP and sides 2 and 3 are on the other. Is this normal for this 2 LP set, just seems rather strange?

24 Likes

After only one listen and comparing my original 16/44 rip to flac to the new 2023 24/96 version all I can say is wow, and how grateful I am to be able to behold the modern wonders of technology.
I have been comparing over and over the track Yesterday where on my original the guitar comes in on the right speaker and Paul on the left along with the strings and now sounds a little muddied. On the new version the guitar starts on the left speaker and Paul is bang in the middle of the stereo imagery. The strings then start in the left but spread throughout the stereo spectrum until the end where the violin is only in the left as per the original, but sounds so vibrant clean and natural.

20 Likes

Keith Richards - Talk Is Cheap, I am listening to the worthwhile bonus disc from this deluxe release.

14 Likes