What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

The Shadows. First 20 Years at the top. 1959-1979.
Something instrumental in the background while I do things.

13 Likes

With all the Beatles activity at the moment, I’ll start this wonderful sunny/brisk morning with Revolver.

Digital Remaster 2009

25 Likes

A lovely cold crisp Saturday morning and no rain - what better than some Telemann before out into the Sussex Downs for a walk and lunch

11 Likes

Sting - Dream of the Blue Turtles, over coffee and porridge😋
My favourite Sting solo album

24 Likes

While dealing with Ethos

7 Likes

I’m not aware of this EBTG album. How do you rate it?

Bowie’s Reality part of a 3rd or was it 4th, phase in his career that only ended after heart scare.

19 Likes

Nice one, on that photo Harrison looks like one of the Gallaghers :wink:

Why only ‘sound’ like true stereo? What’s the difference between this and ‘true’ stereo mixes? The technology has enabled them to extract each instrumental track from the mono original and remix from there, with each individual track. What’s the difference between that and starting from genuine individual tracks?

1 Like

Well now, this is a shame. There is a terrific album in here somewhere but the mastering/mixing, whatever is terrible, with everything pushed up to 11. I note on the credits there is a distinct mention for the vinyl mastering so maybe that’s different, however CD and Tidal aren’t great. Dissapointing.

2 Likes

I was playing The Blue Notebooks yesterday. I must try his reworking of the Four Seasons again.

The Beatles

The Beatles 1962 – 1966 (2023 Edition)

Playing the new 24/96 download from Qobuz.

Half way through and I can hear a good improvement from the original CDs.

Edward

24 Likes

Roger Waters, TDSOTM redux. @anon70766008 I have become very accustomed to the original TDSOTM and often play it in the background while reading.

This redux version has largely RW’s voice alone makes for a more personal experience with more forward sound. I have to sit down and focus listening to it. Ahem, I switched over from my naimee to headphones to chew over it on my second listen.

RW is 50 years older now since PInk Floyd TDSOTM was released in 73. It made me go back, revisit the old, appreciate and amaze at the mastery behind the original work 1/2 a century ago when everyone were much younger.

RW added more stories to the original work which is an interesting touch, like listening to an audiobook. Just go with it.

15 Likes

Nice covers:

3 Likes

Steely Dan Pretzel Logic / 2011 Geffen / Japan SHM CD / UICY25037

When the demon is at your door
In the morning it won’t be there no more

23 Likes

Cannot find my 2009 copy of Rubber Soul :pensive:
So playing Abbey Road instead.
Enjoyed reading the liner notes from Revolver and how the Beatles, George Martin and recording engineer Geoff Emerick (20 years old) took advantage of new technology using 4 track tape and experimenting to get the sound they finally achieved with Revolver. Boy, they must of had fun at Abbey Road Studios in 1966.
They were using 8 track machines for Abbey Road

30 Likes

Joining in the Fabs Fun with this one on this sunny morning.
71X63j9na6L.SY1000

25 Likes

Tune for today…

See you in London…bring your own chalice

:heart:

9 Likes

3 Likes

Joining in with the fab fun

The Beatles - 1962-66, only a couple of tracks in so far and definitely enjoying the better instrumental clarity. Standout so far is “This Boy” .

25 Likes