What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

The Beatles

The Beatles 1967 – 1970 (2023 Edition)

Now playing the 24/96 download from Qobuz.

Again I can hear a good improvement over the original CDs.

Edward

21 Likes

2 Likes

Radiohead OK Computer

29 Likes

13 Likes

Now on path!

16 Likes

New Beirut album…

3 Likes

How is the repeatability on that gauge? I have similar and I can set the zero, measure the force from the stylus, lift the cartridge and see that the zero has drifted by up to 0.04g. Then I don’t know if the force I’ve measured is from the original zero or the drifted figure. It’s rather frustrating.

Hi Clive! I don’t remember where i bought it. China made btw. It takes 3/4 seconds to get to 0 but it keeps it. I do move it on the table and difference is a 0,001 or 2…

17 Likes

Supertramp - Crime of the Century
Media room system via Qobuz

23 Likes

On CD.

8 Likes

Chris Stapleton - Higher - Tidal 16/44
First listen to his new one, back to the Qb in London. I’m suffering from the Tidal stuttering mentioned on another thread (seems to be at the start of tracks). Even so I’m enjoying it when the stream is stable, it’s not an instant grab, but his voice is as compelling as ever, and the songs are excellent modern country.

8 Likes

PS: if you want to get 0 fast be sure not to touch the LP12 with a hand or a finger etc… Springs vibrate and don’t let the gauge settle.

1 Like

10 Likes

One of my OMD favourites getting a spin.

21 Likes

Pablo Picasso was never called an ass hole, not like you…

7 Likes

Now onto the blue

The Beatles - 1967-70.

22 Likes

Miles Davis. E.S.P.
With Herbie, Wayne, Ron and Tony making up the quintet. 1965

13 Likes

Okay, total Beatles today so far. Wasn’t too fussed with this from previous plays but let’s see if I have warmed to it.

Update: I’m really enjoying the album. These 2009 remasters are fantastic imo and sound incredible from where I’m sitting. Volume has gone up a few notches :laughing:

Once again, reading the enclosed liner notes I never understood the premise of this album and why they created/wrote it. I find it fascinating and now understand a little more about its background and reason to exist.

Interesting, the notes mention that on the June 1967 vinyl release, side 1 had a different sequence planned as to what was released. It mentions “ By suitably programming your compact disc hardware, you’ll be able to hear the album as it was originally intended”.

I’m going to do this next :joy: :grin:

22 Likes

Nice

15 Likes