What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

I mis-phrased there, yes, of course they are “true stereo mixes” but done today not at the time using the materials and technology of the day. More accurately I meant to say they are not all analogue stereo mixes.

The 2014 Beatles mono box was all analogue, so a stereo equivalent, if possible, would be a great complement to that fantastic set.

The Beatles - A Hard Days Night - CD Stereo Box Set

25 Likes

1st run

5 Likes

10 Likes

And continuing my hip-hop afternoon . . .

4 Likes

Grateful Dead – Portland Memorial Coliseum 5/19/1974
vinyl|2018

Box set, 6 LPs.

12 Likes

Surely the only way to do that would be to digitise the mono masters and use the current technology to deconstruct the mono mix into the individual instruments and mix stereo from there. And here we are.

Furthermore, I cannot see any logic to support the all analogue is best argument. If it sounds good, then it is good, whether that’s all analogue, partially analogue or fully digital. I think the recent Mobile Fidelity charade proved that.

1 Like

Staying with recent acquisitions

The Rolling Stones - Hackney Diamonds.

17 Likes

Love For Sale too!

1 Like

Van Morrison, Accentuate The Positive. Qobuz.

10 Likes

4 Likes

Annette Peacock
I’m The One
RCA (US import)

Bought from Virgin in Oxford Street when I was a mere lad. I’ve never taken the price sticker off - £2.49. Sigh.

9 Likes

3 Likes

Kid A disc only as I have my eye on some follow-up Floyd.

23 Likes

Not seen that copy before.
Assume a reissue of this?

8 Likes

7 Likes

Airbag - All Rights Removed remaster on gorgeous red vinyl, matches the new AT Vm740ml cart that I’ve gone for following an unknown sudden drop off in the Ania where the high frequencies all went to pot.

6 Likes

12 Likes

Playing this for @TheKevster, who posted it awhile ago…thanks for the memory jog - reminded me I had it!

Portait Of Art Farmer
Contemporary Records
US copy

11 Likes

Joe Jackson - Look Sharp.
Debut album and “it positively reeks of London 1978-79”. Some rocking good tracks on it too.

27 Likes