What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Great debut, used to own it on 2 10" white vinyl discs, a long long time ago…

1 Like

Joe Cocker - With A little Help From My Friends - CD

21 Likes

Yes, I guess so - think I bought it at a car boot sale in the eighties. On Edsel Records, says copyright Demon Records 1986, produced in England. Sounds ok, but needs a deep clean.

1 Like

Bill Whiters, The Ultimate Collection, 2017.

From Tidal, because after running 17 km this morning I am too tired to grab one of my CDs.

9 Likes

The Cranberries. 1st album. 1993. CD. Still really good.

“The album reached number one on the UK and the Irish albums charts. It spent a total of 86 weeks on the UK chart. On 24 June 1994, it became the fifth album in rock history to reach number one more than a year after release” WIKI.

21 Likes

Runrig

Once in a Lifetime (Live)

One of my most played albums, outstanding live album.

Edward

10 Likes

14 Likes

John Lennon - Double Fantasy / Stripped Down - CD

9 Likes

Really love ‘Double Fantasy’ - first album I ever purchased and the remastered LP I have has excellent SQ. But I’ve never heard the ‘stripped down’ version. Is it worth purchasing @Cmax - or best left as a novelty?

1 Like

There’s that Luxman again……mmmm

4 Likes

I like it, probably best described like listening to demo recordings, however having said that I listen to the stripped version more than the original release, without committing hard earned cash straight away, could you listen via a streaming service ? to see what you think.

2 Likes

Ever the hype sucker, some Baby Queen to kick off the weekend… interesting lyrics, formulaic music.

2 Likes

The Stills-Young Band - Long May You Run

A nice combination of Stephen Stills and Neil Young. Big fan of Stephen Stills at the moment.

The subsequent tour saw Neil Young’s surprise departure with the classic telegram to Stills “Dear Stephen, funny how things that start spontaneously end that way. Eat a Peach, Neil”

15 Likes

Thanks @Cmax - will investigate. But tonight, I’m staying with the ‘fully clothed’ version by these two virgins.

13 Likes

Enjoy, As an aside, love map of of Exeter :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks for the mention of this, it’ll get me away from The Beatles overload. . . for now.

I’ve got it on vinyl but will be lazy and try the hi-res master instead.

9 Likes

Pink Floyd. Obscured by clouds and More.
Playing back to back. Two great soundtracks of two……er……films.

27 Likes

Runrig

The Last Dance - Farewell Concert Film [Blu-ray]

Watching the Blu-Ray, sound playing through my HiFi.

Absolutely brilliant concert.

Edward

8 Likes

Sade, lovers rock. :smiling_face:

23 Likes

I quite like La Vallee (Obscured by Clouds) especially Bulle Ogier and Mrs Hillage.

3 Likes