What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

U2 - Rattle And Hum - CD

On the 12th Nov 1988 U2 started a six-week run at No.1 on the US album chart with ’ Rattle And Hum’ their sixth studio album, which went on to sell over 14 million copies.

24 Likes

There is a super 1977 Sight & Sound concert on BBC iplayer.

4 Likes

Thanks for the heads up, will give that a watch later today :+1:

Great concert.

Fast, with masterful players on form together.

11 Likes

Great album, love the sound recording.

1 Like

Joe Ely - Musta Notta Gotta Lotta - CD

Joe’s 4th album from 1981

6 Likes

5 Likes

Sarah Walker on Radio 3 her Sunday Morning show…@ with you Clive

3 Likes

Three brilliant performances from Later with Jools Holland on the BBC yesterday: Tom Walker, fantastic songs and a great, soulful voice, wonderful; Nitin Sawney & I Am Roze, (I need some more descriptive terms here) just amazing talents on a terrific song (reminder, I need to dig out more Nitin Sawney) and lastly English Teacher who just reminded me of bands that are obviously starting out, very raw but totally taking their chance - just excellent to see and a wonderful reminder of so many beginnings of bands with great modesty.

4 Likes

Yesterday

6 Likes

Will see him live this afternoon with Manfred Honeck and the 9th piano concerto of Mozart…

7 Likes

7 Likes

Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers, Moanin’, 1958.

Because just arrived.

17 Likes

Joe Pass - Virtuoso - CD

15 Likes

Van Morrison. Saint Dominic’s preview.
One of my favourites and includes the excellent Listen to the lion and Almost Independence Day.

17 Likes

Of course you do. Wouldn’t mind watching both films again. Must dig out a Gong album.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Moved to Mendelssohn

6 Likes

The new Bathers album which includes instrumental versions of some of the tracks. Great Sunday morning or late evening tunes…

2 Likes

Pre-gig prep. Yazz Ahmed - La Saboteuse. Seeing her at Kings Place at 5pm. Very civilised time for a gig.

10 Likes