What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

I hadn’t spotted that, but now you have planted the seed, it’s always going to be Al Pacino !

3 Likes

BBC R3’s ‘Composer of the Week’ - John and Alice Coltrane. Unmissable

10 Likes

Me too.

1 Like

Manic Street Preachers - Generation Terrorists - CD

10 Likes

Seems to be a jazz day here at Rigsby Towers.

11 Likes

As previously mentioned to @Ardbeg10y, Bruckner 7th. Weiner Philharmoniker, conducted by HvK on Deutsche Grammaphon (1990)

Wandered down to the Cabin as it’s easier/cheaper to heat than the whole house for one person.
Howling a gale in Cambridgeshire today making it all pretty cold and stormy…:face_with_diagonal_mouth:

13 Likes

Oscar Peterson Trio
Night Train + The Jazz Soul Of Oscar Peterson / 2012 Verve / EU CD / 06007 5340118

2 LP’s on 1 CD release

17 Likes

Self-titled Jody Watley album, another one that’s part of Operation Clean Up of my old collection. The Moth record cleaner is doing a great job of warming the house up. :grinning:

5 Likes

Playing on CD

15 Likes

Manic Street Preachers - The Holy Bible - CD

5 Likes

In Starbucks listening to Crossroads by Cream. :blush:

Pity the foods awful.

6 Likes

Needed something to lift the mood on this foul Yorkshire afternoon. Stoner rock in the Sabbath mould.

Green Lung - Woodland Rites.

5 Likes

Elvis Presley. Live at Stax.
Another crap day so time for a bit of Elvis.
Playing the Master takes on this 3cd set. Cd rip.

10 Likes

Nowhereridecover

Ride - Nowhere. Fancied a bit of shoegaze. Playing on Qobuz because the vinyl, in the embossed cover, is worth a bob or two on Discogs. As I’ve never sold anything, ever, at a profit I’m looking after this one for my children :smiley: Great guitars.

6 Likes

Blondie - Blondie - CD

22 Likes

On vinyl. Just did a bit of digging - saw them 3 times in 1989, twice in the summer months in New York along with PIL and New Order, and in October at the Royal Court in Liverpool as headliners. Happy days they were indeed.

13 Likes

Neil Stacey Group Leave It To Last / 2003 naim / England CD / naimcd062

4 Likes

Last night at Hard Rock Live in Hollywood, Florida

Jason Bonham lives up the road in Boca Raton. If you get a chance to see them you should. I was completely smitten by Akio “Mr. Jimmy” Sakurai, an obsessive, brilliant Japanese guitarist who has dedicated his life to being Jimmy Page (minus the Aleister Crowley stuff, apparently).

6 Likes

Wind howling outside chilled listening within - JM with Thompsons Danny & Richard Bless the Weather. Island vinyl. Luvverly - the soundtrack to so many mid 70s lazy afternoons.

17 Likes

Drinking a Strange Brew, I assume? :grin:

1 Like