What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Fairport Convention - Liege & Lief - CD

28 Likes

One of their very best.

Smiley Smile/The Beach Boys (1967)

Japanese Pastmaster edition.

10 Likes

OK, I’ve just realised why I haven’t listened to new order in a very long time…:face_with_peeking_eye:
Time for some NEW Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark & Bauhaus Staircase.

I think this new album is an absolute masterpiece.
Mrs QS hates it so it has to be listened to out of her ear shot…:joy:
EDIT
With 14 albums, spanning 5 decades, surely it’s time for a CD Box Set…:thinking:
…& that doesn’t include the 10 Live Albums😳

15 Likes

The Pentangle - Basket Of Light - CD

Listening to this and it brings back lots of memories from my childhood including the program ‘Take Three Girls’ from which ‘Light Flight’ is the intro song for the series, unfortunately…this is just going round and round in my head, ‘Ba-da, pa-do-da, Da-da, pa-do-da, da’

21 Likes

Was lucky enough to see them live in 69 or 70 and they remain one of the best live acts I’ve ever seen. Happy days.

1 Like

His best for me :+1:

1 Like

The Third Mind/2
Cd rip
Must be a contender.

15 Likes

Keb’ Mo’ - Just Like You

20 Likes

The Beatles 1967-1970 (the ‘Blue Album’) - 2023 version

Many of the remixed and remastered songs on here have been available before on the Giles Martin versions e.g. Sgt Pepper, White Album, Let It Be. However, some are being remixed afresh. One favourite of mine which has been remixed for this album is Hey Bulldog. Curiously, it sounds more congested (compressed?) than I remember from the Yellow Submarine Songtrack album, so I have played the two versions back to back. Indeed, the Songtrack version is noticeably clearer. I shall have to check out a few more of the remixes, especially I Am The Walrus, one of my top five Beatles songs.

23 Likes

After really enjoying Bauhaus Staircase I decided to stay with OMD and play my original copy of Architecture & Morality.

The cover got shredded very early in its life, but the vinyl is still immaculate and after a good clean just now, sounds almost as brand new as the day that I bought it…:blush:

18 Likes

Paul Simon - Still Crazy After All These Years - CD

22 Likes

I’ve been reading the Hoffman thread on the remixes (haven’t heard them). Walrus seems quite different from what I gather.

Ok, so I’ve fully descended into 80’s Electronic Pop now…:joy:

Sparks - Kimono my House

17 Likes

Fleetwood Mac

29 Likes

Brass laden, soulful funk grooves from Will Holland.

4 Likes

Paul Simon - Hearts And Bones - CD

16 Likes

On the basis of your description gave this a play this morning and yes liked it. Felt like the sort of tunes you find playing in the cool bar where they might have a live set on later in the evening, Eastcheap Records sort of feel.

1 Like

Joseph Haydn. Symphonies 100 and 101. Vinyl. Two of his “London Symphonies”. Light and easy.

8 Likes

Pet Shop Boys - Very - Further Listening - CD

11 Likes

Busy day, so stuck one of my playlists on as accompaniment.

3 Likes