What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Let us know what you make of I Am The Walrus.
It’s very different, certainly. Possibly the most changed of the ones on the Blue set.

Its a tough life :sleeping:

2 Likes

4 Likes

9 Likes

The National - Laugh Track
Streaming via Qobuz. Been hooked on this one lately, the more I play it the more I enjoy it.

13 Likes

You obviously hang out in cooler bars than me, Adam! :grin:

1 Like

The Evpatoria Report - Golevka

Post Rock from Switzerland.

the-evpatoria-report-golevka-Cover-Art

2 Likes

The Beatles / 1962-1966 2023 Edition

23 Likes

For Rishi n Sue…

8 Likes

Great album, and way better than Graceland (runs for cover …) :joy:
It doesn’t even make the Gaurniard’s top 10, along with One Trick Pony? Bizarre.
The 10 best Paul Simon albums – ranked! | Paul Simon | The Guardian

1 Like

Just played Taxi taking Mrs QS to the station, as she has a meeting at Liverpool Street this evening.
I will be going back to collect her later as well…:wink:

1 Like

…and why might anyone be interested? :sleeping:

Well, how RUDE!:flushed:

A great sounding hunk of vinyl! The ‘looks black but isn’t’ version, or to be more accurate:
Quiex first pressing on Audiophile Transparent Purple Vinyl

13 Likes

Well, it is part of the thread title…. Anyway, there is a good reader’s interview with Geddy Lee in today’s Guardian.

1 Like

So busy bantering with Dread that I forgot to post my current listening.
Opeth - Pale Communion

This is another band I just don’t listen to enough, especially from this album forward where they really started to embrace their Prog aspirations.

9 Likes

:heart:

3 Likes

Did you catch OMD live on Jools Holland a couple of weeks ago? Worth seeking out if not. Series 63 (!), episode 4. ‘Kingfish’ Ingram was playing on this episode too, what a blues guitar player that young man is.

4 Likes

Richard Strauss - Ein Heldenleben - BPO/Karajan

Driving back from Batheaston this afternoon, this work was being performed on BBC Radio 3 Afternoon Concert. As I only heard about 30 minutes of it I wanted to hear the full masterwork. This is the only version I have (although I haven’t checked CD rips), but Karajan was always a master in Strauss and it sounds glorious here.

6 Likes