What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Recorded 1996 The songs he wanted to sing doing them his way.
Sound quality is really nice with a varied choice of songs.

Ironic lyrics on Leaving On A Jet Plane -
So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you’ll wait for me
Hold me like you’ll never let me go
‘Cause I’m leavin’ on a jet plane
Don’t know when I’ll be back again…

Who at the time would know his fate.

14 Likes

Wow Pete that’s going back

Mind you I and a few friends saw him a few years ago at the basement in Sydney and James and band tore the house down

A really great gig :+1:

At home working today so looking at new stuff on Qobuz…

Vince Clark - Songs Of Silence

Amazing to think that this is his first solo album…

And I urge anyone and everyone to give it a listen - its the best release I have heard this year. Its amazing and I’ve had goosebump moments listening to it!!!

14 Likes

Bryan Ferry - Boys And Girls - CD

30 Likes

Divine Madness - Madness.

Sun’s fair beltin’ doon over North Yorks. this morning, and as a result, I’m feeling in something of a bonkers mood, so it could only ever be The Nutty Boys, couldn’t it? :crazy_face:

25 Likes

Bryan Ferry’s ninth solo studio album Mamouna is being reissued as CD and vinyl deluxe sets today.

The 1994 album was Ferry’s first studio album of original material for seven years and for a time it had the working title Horoscope. Eventually the recordings developed into the finished Mamouna album, but for the first time, these previously unreleased alternate recordings are released as Horoscope on both 3CD deluxe and 2LP vinyl editions of the Mamouna reissue.

Had a sneak listen and it sounds very good :+1:

13 Likes

Thank you for the heads up, will have to check that out :+1:

1 Like

The first is usually the best

1 Like

It is absolutely superb - easily - to me at least - the best thing he has ever done.

It is beautiful, haunting, melancholic, uplifting, powerful, but quiet - I’ve got it on repeat now!

On CD:-

Tchaikovsky - The Nutcracker - Andre Previn - London Symphony Orchestra

10 Likes

Yellowjackets Mirage À Trois / 2014 Warner / Japan CD / WPCR28091

Keyboards Russell Ferrante
Bass Jimmy Haslip
Drums Ricky Lawson
Guitar Robben Ford

6 Likes

B.C. Camplight - The Last Rotation Of Earth

3 Likes

The Beatles - A Hard Days Night - 2009 - EMI Records - Recorded 1964

First play and subsequent second play as I’m enjoying it so much. I know many of the songs, but never played/owned this album before.

28 Likes

Jeez you need to let that wallet see the light of day.
It’s only £160. :joy::rofl:

1 Like

‘Aladdin Sane’ - David Bowie

Friday sounds very good indeed. Thanks @Tabbycat for your kind words.

32 Likes

Robert Plant - Fate Of Nations - 1993

I’m playing a few of Percy’s less popular albums this week. Musically I am quite enjoying this one, but what about that cover? It’s enough to put anyone off.

21 Likes

Thanks Simon, that’s teed up next :+1:

1 Like

That’s good to hear, its usually a man thing to bottle everything up and don’t say anything to others, cos you’re seen as weak etc, but at times its good to get things out in the open, there’s always someone out there ready to help.

I really like looking in on here, and seeing what others are listening too, long may it continue.

8 Likes

Peter Sellers - A Hard Days Night - CD Single

With there being a bit of a Beatles thing going on recently, I thought I would dig this out and give it a spin.

14 Likes

The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band - 2009 EMI Records Ltd 0946 3 82419 28 - Released June 1967

Just can’t stop playing The Beatles at the moment.

25 Likes