What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Dead good.

G

13 Likes

Portishead - Dummy - CD

26 Likes

John Lennon

GIMME SOME TRUTH. (Deluxe Edition)

Edward

14 Likes

Wow! Good tip, thanks Simon. Volume up…:+1:

2 Likes

Pass the splif! Hawkwind: Space Ritual… What can you say?

20 Likes

Probably not what most people would expect from him after the likes of Depeche Mode, Yazoo and Erasure but all the better for it as far as I’m concerned.

I’ve still got it on - so that must say something…

2 Likes

Dark, but beautiful. Bit early, but might have to amend my “best albums of the year” draft…

1 Like

The Oscar Peterson Trio - A Jazz Portrait of Frank Sinatra - Verve 825 769 2 - Recorded 1959

First play.

12 Likes

Radiohead - Ok Computer OKNOTOK 1997-2017 - CD deluxe edition

28 Likes

A bit early in the day, but it is getting darker outside! I do find this a perfect companion to concentrating and focusing on the afternoon’s work and since childhood have loved such ancient choral music. These days I find it relaxing and reflect that some of the words to this music are a thousand years old.

5 Likes

Everything But The Girl Fuse / 2023 Buzzin’ Fly / Czech Republic CD / EBTG015CD

First play of this via the NAC 332, sounding great.

18 Likes

David Bowie

Legacy - The Very Best Of David Bowie

Edward

18 Likes

Aoife O’Donovan – Age Of Apathy
CD rip|2022

Folk. Haven’t given this the listening time it deserves.

10 Likes

UK release, so no ‘Paint it Black’.

G

17 Likes

A wee blast of Eurythmics to tempt the sun to put in a reappearance over suddenly gloomy North Yorks.

18 Likes

On Tidal too. So that’s my listening sorted for the weekend, although I’ll have to give my wife a break. She likes the Bobster, but 4 1/2 hours might be pushing it :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I suspect many of us have a secret soft spot for some John Denver tunes. I was at Jason Bonham’s Led Zep Evening a few days ago, and Jason had an impromptu singalong to Take Me Home, Country Roads. About 7,000 people joined in – we all knew the words. I wouldn’t be surprised if that would be the case over the entire English-speaking world (for people over a certain age), and possibly beyond.

A doff of the Stetson is in order.

5 Likes

@SimonDC, I tried the Vince Clarke, but just couldn’t get into it.
I have therefore switched to another favourite of yours😊
TOOL - Lateralus

10 Likes

Bill Evans Trio - Explorations - 1987 - Riverside 2521860372 - Recorded in New York City, February 1961

Really like this.

12 Likes

Miles Davis - Jazz at the Plaza Vol. 1

The same lineup that recorded much of the Kind of Blue album a year later. Coltrane’s solo in Straight, No Chaser reminded me of why Miles was critical of his inability to stop. Thanks to @Skeptikal for making me aware of this album, which was missing from my MD collection.

9 Likes