What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

19 Likes

7 Likes

That must have been some night - sounds amazing.

7 Likes

cover

3 Likes

Fantastic night. The whole band is convincingly LZ-like, but the guitarist (Jimmy Sakurai) is astonishing. Catch them if you can.

1 Like

Fab!
Revolver 2009 CD

19 Likes

Belly – Dove
CD rip|2018

Indie rock. Enjoyable album.

7 Likes

Northern Soul Floorshakers! - 20 Anthems and Rarities from the RCA Vaults - various artists.

Out Chrissy shopping, and captured this from the local hospice shop for 50p. :flushed:

Ripped and playing now … … … monster!

15 Likes

Finishing my shorter than usual afternoon session with a bit of Rush😊

12 Likes

The Beatles - I Am the Walrus - comparison

I have read a number of comments about the new mix of I Am the Walrus on the 2023 release of the Blue album, some favourable and others not so. Consequently, and at the request of @Charles64, I have compared the new version with that on the 09/09/09 release of Magical Mystery Tour.

What is immediately obvious about the new mix is that the strings are louder and John’s vocals are clearer and seemingly forward of the speakers. The vocal harmonies also appear clearer too. Bass guitar has been emphasised and this may be too prominent for some - this is the element I find most shocking. It is especially noticeable in the “Sitting in an English garden” verse. The “oom pahs” are clearer towards the end and the ending in general is far cleaner, allowing me to hear really what’s going on there. The greater detail here makes it appear to go on for longer. This is quite a revelation.

Overall, despite my quibble about the bass, I really like the new mix. Now I am looking forward to a remix of the whole Magical Mystery Tour album, which will be my fifth version.

20 Likes

Great great album, my desert island disc
Was there in Brixton when they recorded it
:metal::guitar:

Alice Coltrane - Eternity

From 1976 a funky organ based album. Been listening to the Radio 3 Composer of the Week on John & Alice Coltrane.

IMG_8278

7 Likes

Now playing…

Ancient Infinity Orchestra - River of Light

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this Friday morning with a bowl of cherrios with banana and milk while listening to the just released ‘River of Light’ album… Great prep for this mornings hike, Life is Sweet!

3 Likes

Have run these two already multiple times this week. Wonderful trio - lyrical/driving…, reminds me off the Alboran Trio

1 Like

I feel a G&T coming on.

G

6 Likes

Old Zev Feldman keeps digging around in the Bill Evans archive, and always comes out with treasures such as this new CD:

16 Likes

Leftfield - A Final Hit - 2005

Turning the wick up on this Friday evening’s playlist … this sounds great up loud :+1:

8 Likes

6 Likes

2 x LP - Sony/Legacy 2013 : )

Jimi Hendrix – vocals, guitar
Noel Redding – bass guitar, backing vocals
Mitch Mitchell – drums

Live recordings from Miami Pop Festival, Hallandale, Florida on 18th May 1968

19 Likes