What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Tangerine Dream - ‘Recurring Dreams’ (2019). Listening to the track ‘Stratosfear 2019’ from this album. This is the 2019 reworking of the classic track from 1976. I didn’t listen to the 2019 version all through when it first came out and I had it in my mind that it was just the main theme, not the wonderful slow bits at the beginning and end of the 1976 track. I was wrong! The slower bits are there, reworked, and very effectively too. Will give it closer attention this time!

10 Likes

Waiting for The Prodigy to come on, getting everything from Dead Kennedys to Public Enemy, then Dolly Parton “Jolene” comes on and everyone around me starts singing. Gotta love that!

2 Likes

17 Likes

The Hunger Games album for some reason reminds me of this:

Billy Strings "Cabin Song” seems a faster version of No Place To Hide - a simplistic view I’m sure to connoisseurs of Bluegrass music.

11 Likes

Funny I found the Red album a little flat must give it a second listen today. Loved the new mixes on the Blue album.

2 Likes

Picked this up at the charity shop this rainy morning……nice voice and tunes.

10 Likes

Having arrived on the planet slightly later than The Beatles, I have fond memories of so many singles but don’t really have the nostalgia for the albums.

Qobuz has some fine offers on for blue and red currently - worth a punt to purchase both?

1 Like

And what a sublime album that is:

Music for the soul if ever there was.

14 Likes

Glad you enjoyed it it’s a beautiful piece of music. Cheers. :+1:

1 Like

Definitely I’ve got all their albums (some 3 or 4 versions) and added a hi res copy of the Red/Blue albums to my collection. Worth it for the new mixes alone.

1 Like

Richard Thompson - Mirror Blue. (1994).

Great guitar work and lovely folk rock songs. I’ve always enjoyed the sound of this guys voice.

12 Likes

This is why I love the Sublime subscription - purchases far cheaper than the CD quality, but you can always download that if you want to (or at least used to be able to).

Too much duplication for just over £40???

4 Likes

I have the same subscription however for some reason the Red/Blue were still dearer than HD Tracks. I’ve noticed that the prices reduced now. I hate that, when you buy something and 2 days later it’s discounted. Recently bought a wireless (Sonos) surround system (Wednesday) got an email from them on Friday saying there’s now an additional $400 discount. Doh. :grin:

2 Likes

Strangely I was just wondering if Qobuz prices on some new releases are a lot higher, maybe not, but a few things just seem a tad expensive to me were i to consider purchasing them.

Everything’s got more expensive. :flushed:

2 Likes

Definitely, but music is a bargain compared to decades ago.

1 Like

I used to dislike YouTube but it introduces me to so many great things.

Hooverphonic - why have I not heard of you before???

What!!!

5 Likes

Sylvian - Brilliant Trees - 1984
On vinyl

Not a bad song on this great album imho.

21 Likes

Definitely……bought the latest Bob Dylan, 4 cd as a download for £15 or so. My wife and i would love a night out in London, show, meal, shopping at Tower records etc. The price then was about £15…….but 30 years ago?

4 Likes

Thank you, pleased that it bring’s back lovely memories of your sister, ‘Autoamerican’ has always been
a favorite Blondie album, it signalled a change of direction and included one of my all time favourite Blondie tracks ‘Rapture’

1 Like