What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Vinyl. Can’t beat Pinnock playing JSB:

8 Likes

Harry Nilsson - Nilsson Schmilsson - CD

17 Likes

First play…

IMG_0723

2023 Blue Note Classic Vinyl Series… :sunglasses: :+1:t3: :notes: :grinning:

10 Likes

Let’s go back to church…

15 Likes

Indeed. A realignment after 3 years away and the return of Rick Wakeman did produce a real classic. The last great Yes album of the old days really, although I do like ‘Drama’.

1 Like

A very interesting album with great vocals and very nice sounding double bass.

3 Likes

There’s a train a coming.
Brilliant album

2 Likes

Naimsw

Totally concur the last great album from the classic line up .They where really pushing the Yes musical bounderies to new places.Just such great muscians.There was no weak links in that line up.It’s a pitty that Tormato was was really avearage and the cover was awful…not that matters but it sort of dovetailed the so so music on it.

1 Like

Amazon Ultra HD – in preparation for seeing her tonight at the Barbican, and introducing @steviebee to the wonders of seeing Samara live!

12 Likes

New to me, this came as a recomendation on one of my mailing lists.
Gave it a go and from the first minute or so I thought oh dear sounds like something from an episide of Fast Show Jazz Club, almost reached for the stop button but glad I didnt as it settled in to quite an enjoyable listen.
Free, improvised and experimental but managing not to stray into self indulgent fire in a pet shop cacophony.

Charlotte Keeffe Right Here Right Now Quartet
Alive In The Studio (Qobuz HR)

:heart:

2 Likes

Smoke Fairies - Carried in Sound. First play for the new album, on pretty orange vinyl. A talented pair.

4 Likes

Rumours have it I’m stuck in the past. It’s not such a bad place to be.

G

20 Likes

You’re probably already familiar with this recording Nigel but if not then I can highly recommend. Sounds fab through the Nova and 25.21’s

8 Likes

Yes, it’s very good, and the first of his I bought.

First spin…

2023 Original Jazz Classics vinyl release… :grinning: :sunglasses: :notes: :+1:t3:

14 Likes

Eels: Souljacker

Following Daisies of the Galaxy was always going to be a tall order. Souljacker was a disappointment to me upon release but the strong tracks hold up very well.

13 Likes

Leg of lamb in, Ferry on … it must be Sunday :smiley:
From 1988.

15 Likes

2023 Analogue Productions 45rpm vinyl release… :sunglasses: :notes: :grinning: :+1:t3:

25 Likes

When undecided about what to listen to.
A mash up of so many genres and giving the system a work out.

3 Likes

If anyone wanted just one Aretha album this superb compilation would be hard to beat. Aretha is peerless for me. CD rip.

19 Likes