What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Now Playing…

Tori Amos - Scarlet’s Hidden Treasures

Tori Amos (Bösendorfer Piano, Fender Rhodes Piano, Wurlitzer Electric Piano, Vocals), Mac Aladdin (Acoustic Guitar), Matt Chamberlain (Drums) and Jon Evans (Bass Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this Sunday morning with Tori’s 2023 remaster of ‘Scarlet’s Hidden Treasures’ released in 2004. …and Tori and the band are sounding sublime!

13 Likes

Xmas joy:

10 Likes

The Knife. Silent Shout. 2006.

9 Likes

I’m gettin’ me tux ready… :person_in_tuxedo:t4: :

First round’s on me.

1 Like

Simple Minds - Life in a Day
1982 Finish Pressing

First record from SM when they were a Post Punk/New Wave Band. Originally released in 1979. I love the sound of it though it is not a great pressing, a little one dimensional. Unbelievable how the music of them developed in the next five years

9 Likes

On CD:-

Pendragon - North Star

Frank Zappa - Overnite Sensation

9 Likes

Cara Dillon - New album - Coming Home
Perfect accompaniment to this English winter Sunday.

Includes lots of spoken words to acoustic accompaniment, often rising to rich soundscapes.

This was spellbinding in concert last night. See her live to get the most from this. The stories of family and traditions in her lovely Irish accent add so much context.

Don’t be put off by the spoken element, it leads gently into showcasing the stunning purity and emotion of her singing.

9 Likes

3 Likes

Talking Heads - More Songs About Buildings And Food
Sire, Don Mills Pressing, Canada

This record is excellent, bought it by accident at discogs from a Swedish dealer. This world is so small. Clear and detailed soundstage and it is still so fresh. Vinyl is in NM condition. This is a real masterpiece. This makes me happy :blush:

20 Likes

On CD:
81rJD4cqz4L.AC_UY327_FMwebp_QL65
Keb Mo - Oaklahoma

17 Likes

Milos Karadaglic.

My wife is streaming this from her phone. Milos lets his Greg Smallman guitar loose on a Baroque selection. Lovely.

9 Likes

On CD:
71m4XYk-ayL.AC_UY327_FMwebp_QL65

9 Likes

17 Likes

A Tribe Called Quest - The Low End Theory, 1991

Here’s a snip from Wikipedia…

The Low End Theory was one of the first records to fuse hip-hop with the laid-back atmosphere of jazz, particularly bebop and hard bop.[5][18][19] The album’s minimalist sound is “stripped to the essentials: vocals, drums, and bass.”[20] The bass drum and vocals emphasize the downbeat on every song.[21] Q-Tip credited the production on N.W.A’s album Straight Outta Compton as inspiration: “what resonated was just that bottom, that bass and the drive of it.”[18][22]

10 Likes

Wings - Greatest
2018 Abbey Road Remaster pressed by Optimal

Very nice compilation. I love the sound on this one very much. Real good job here done by AR. Fantastic soundstage and very consistent for a compilation. Some real classics on it, especially „Mull Of Kintyre“, which was back then the first single I bought as a little School Boy, 10 years old. Time is running :roll_eyes:

16 Likes

Hey Pete lets eat more meat!

This record is not vegan friendly

:heart:

11 Likes

‘Tres Hombres’ - ZZ Top

Released 50 years ago.

23 Likes

Blues Brothers - Briefcase Full Of Blues.

Great music, great film. They were ”on a mission from God”.

20 Likes

Loving on CD - The Very Best Of Al Green

12 Likes

Nice feet!

2 Likes