What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Queen - A Night At The Opera - CD

23 Likes

JS : B3 - The Very Best Of Jimmy Smith, i have many compilations by the Hammond maestro, but this is particularly good, as it features tracks from more obscure later albums, that were recorded for labels not called Verve.

8 Likes

WOW!:open_mouth:
The strings version of My Immortal is simply amazing…

9 Likes

Beirut – Artifacts
CD rip|2022

Waiting for my CD player to return from Naim North America to play the latest Beirut album. In the meantime, listening to this album of EPs and b-sides.

4 Likes

Jethro Tull: Broadsword 40th Anniversary Monster Edition remixed by Steven Wilson. Have to say I think it is fantastic… And I love this whole boxed set with all the background story and essentially an unreleased live album of a gig on the broadsword tour in Germany.

11 Likes

Now playing…

Ayo - Royal

Ayo (Vocals), Freddy Koella (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Mandolin, Resonator Guitar), Denis Benarrosh (Drums), Laurent Vernerey (Electric Upright Bass), Gaël Rakotondrabe (Piano), Julia-Sarr (Vocals, Choir), Onane Zamati Vocals, Choir), Philippe Hammel (Harmonica), and Alexandre Leauthaud (Accordion, Bandoneon)

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this Tuesday morning with Ayo’s ‘Royal’ album she and the band are sounding sublime! One fine album…

9 Likes

Ralph Vaughan Williams. Andre Preview. Vinyl.

Sinfonia antartica (“Antarctic Symphony”) is the Italian title given by Ralph Vaughan Williams to his seventh symphony, first performed in 1953. It drew on incidental music the composer had written for the 1948 film Scott of the Antarctic” Wiki

7 Likes

Last one this afternoon and decided to stay with Evanescence, but go live after listening to the live version of My Immortal on the Deluxe 20th Anniversary release of Fallen

The Orchestral accompaniment on this 2018 live album is said to be something to behold.
Evanescence - Synthesis Live

6 Likes

I saw the Broadsword tour in Birmingham 1982 and v good it was too

1 Like

Queen - A Day At The Races - CD

Continuing the Queen theme.

19 Likes

Brown nose?

Imagining warmer climes.

G

22 Likes

…and why might anyone be interested?

1 Like

Oh! Jealous… I hadn’t really discovered Tull then…

1 Like

My apologies.
I have amended/deleted my posts that offended you @Dreadatthecontrols

1 Like

Tim Buckley - Greetings From LA

Added to today’s playlist prompted by @Rigsby21 earlier

:heart:

15 Likes

On CD:-

Beethoven Symphony No. 1 - Herbert Von Karajan - Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra

12 Likes

Really prompted by @AndyP, but what a cracking album it is!

2 Likes

Hey man dont be daft you couldnt possibly offend me. Irrelevant, meaningless streams of banality that accompany many of your posts on an open forum do make you fair game for satire in my view though.
Just ribbing :kissing_heart:

Sorry if I didnt give props to @AndyP. It was earlier today and these days I have the memory capacity of a goldfish :+1:

2 Likes