What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Sorry if I didnt give props to @AndyP. It was earlier today and these days I have the memory capacity of a goldfish :+1:

2 Likes

Joe Bonamassa. CD. He nods more to the old British Blues scene rather than elsewhere imho. Good stuff.

"It was recorded at Black Rock Studios in the Greek island of Santorini and it was released worldwide on March 23, 2010.

10 Likes

Queen - The Works - CD

16 Likes

More Beirut…

Gallipoli
vinyl|2019

5 Likes

Decided on a Zeppelin Night - starting thus….

Led Zeppelin - CODA - Disc 1

24 Likes

Short term memory problems, eh? Often caused by smoking too much, erm, too much something, I forget what… My memory’s gone to pot. :v:

2 Likes

Laura Veirs - Phone Orphans
Streaming via Qobuz

4 Likes

Didnt know Madness had a new album, stumbled on it on Qobuz, so first listen.

Theatre Of The Absurd presents Madness C’est La Vie.

I wondered why Theatre Of Absurd? Well it appears to be inspired by the old Music Halls with the album split into acts with Martin Freeman as compere.
Usual sort of quality Madness entertaining pop fare with something to say.

:heart:

9 Likes

Lol, the only little weed I remember did appear next to a large pot. Was it Bill or, was it Ben?

4 Likes

Havent the foggiest what your on about. The only thing smoking is my dinner which I should have took out the oven an hour ago :grin:

2 Likes

Listening to it on audiobook. Interesting but way too many Americanisms and mispronunciations are distracting - many references to that well known south coast resort Burnmouth, and the Welsh comedian Harry Seckum. Might send it back and get the book.

Just Finishing…

Ayo - Ayo

Ayo (Vocals, Percussion, Piano, Keyboards, Beats, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Vibraphone, Bass, Glockenspiel, Synth, Kalimba), William “Licspiffy” Barnes (Guitar, Electric Guitar, Bass, Vocals), James Rouse (Drums), Al “Boogie” Carty (Bass), Jermaine Parish (Drums) and Cynthia Balan (Vocals).

Streamed on Qobuz (44.1/24)…continued on this morning with AYO and she and the band sounded might sweet! Nice music to get a few chores done around the house this morning… Life is Sweet!

6 Likes

Never heard of him…I do seem to remember some bloke called Secombe?

8 Likes

Mike Oldfield - Ommadawn. (1975).

I find this a more pleasing album than Tubular Bells, It’s easier on the ear and the mind.

23 Likes

Vince Gill, I Still Believe In You. Qobuz.

8 Likes

LP signed on the front by Charles Lloyd last week.

13 Likes

Hence my annoyance at American mispronunciations…

1 Like

Qobuz

7 Likes

Black Grape. 1995. CD. Shaun Ryder, Bez and mates. Infectious stuff with some serious bass.

13 Likes