What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Slipped my mind that the first track on Sefronia is Dolphins which is on the first Third Mind album.

1 Like

Over the Rhine – Meet Me at the Edge of the World
double LP|2013

4 Likes

Fever Ray - Radical Romantics

3 Likes

She has a wonderful voice, I’ve been playing golf with her dad most days for nearly 20 years @markah

10 Likes

Sounds like a plan.

I’m not an audiobook listener - too much music to listen to - but I liked what my mate/boss in the shop was telling me about The Beastie Boys audiobook. He said Adam & Mike narrate most of it, but when it covers matters and events pertaining to England Jarvis Cocker narrates their words. Sheffield meets New York.

It’s a fantastic book, too. Very Beasties: inventive, funny, informative, and highly entertaining.
Great pics and lists of DJ sets and fave albums too.

One of the best books I’ve read for capturing the essence of both a scene they grew up in and moved on from, namely, American punk, hardcore into hip hop, and then their own emergence from teenagers into young adults.

2 Likes

Elvis Presley, “The Fool Album”. Qobuz.

8 Likes

Bold start!

1 Like

Very nice 3 CD box set of John Lee Hooker

19 Likes

And I’m still on the same album - tho moved to disc 3….

Ok, I’ll start at the other end. :sunglasses:

32 Likes

Elton John and Leon Russell - The Union.
2010 CD Rip To FLAC.
An excellent collaboration featuring appearances by Booker T. Jones, Neil Young, Robert Randolph and Brian Wilson.

18 Likes

17 Likes

Not sure why……part of my childhood, and still sounds as i remember him.

10 Likes

Kev

Fabulous recordings on the Chandos label …and a SACD…wow …I bet it sounds amazing their normal red book CDs in my collection are very very good…
Some lovely classical you have posted tonight

Wishing you a fine evening

4 Likes

Tony Joe White | The Shine | 2010
The swamp man doing his very fine thing, his voice has always been like playing lullabies to my various dogs who have always just loved his voice… go figure?

14 Likes

Bad Company Live. 2002.

No Mick Ralphs, but Dave Colwell does a great job.

11 Likes

Smiley Smile. The 2012 master.

Possibly better than the Pastmasters version I usually opt for when wanting to hear it in flat transferred mono.

I wish The Beatles’ albums were released in mono/stereo packs, too.

These Beach Boys CD from 2012 were released without much fanfare but have become highly regarded, and rightly so, since then.

12 Likes

Just discovered the latest from one of my favourite blues musicians - sadly released posthumously. Slow late night blues. Really great music.,

7 Likes

Depeche Mode - The Best Of

12 Likes

Freddie Mercury - Mr Bad Guy - CD

9 Likes