What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Freddie Mercury - Mr Bad Guy - CD

9 Likes

Next up after the full 3 CD’s worth of CODA

Led Zeppelin- In Through The Out Door - both discs

22 Likes

Bob Dylan - Infidels, a return to more standard music after his religious offerings, featuring an excellent studio band.

14 Likes

Quality Roots & Culture from Birmingham’s Black Symbol
If you like Burning Spear, Culture, this is for you.
The title track Behold is an acapella of the classic Culture/Joseph Hill song

Black Symbol - Behold

:heart:

6 Likes

Family. Music in a dolls house.
Originally bought because I liked the cover but the music has been a constant favourite for over 50 years.

19 Likes

Playing this, the nearest you get to Genesis these days. Did not realise how many vocalists were tried out on this album……including Nik Kershaw. This track works with ex Crimson singer Jakkow Jacksyz….probably spelt wrong.

20 Likes

Giving the system some high production stuff to chew on… and wow, this man wrote and performed some amazing tunes. Listening to the second half which is the dance tracks… George Michael: Ladies and Gentlemen The best of George Michael

17 Likes

U2, Boy. :smiling_face:

22 Likes

John Lennon - Mind Games.

18 Likes

Bob Dylan, shadow kingdom. :smiling_face:

14 Likes

Emitt Rhodes - Farewell to Paradise

From 1973 his last album for a long time. Known as ‘The One-Man Beatles’ he plays everything on the album.

Interesting the album is produced by Emitt Rhodes with the assistance Keith Olsen - mixdown engineer and Richard Dashut - assistant mixdown engineer. In two years time they would be famous whereas Emitt disappeared into oblivion for another 30 years.

IMG_8286

8 Likes

Peel (Sessions) gave us some terrific live music. Coyne’s intensity is gripping. CD rip.

8 Likes

Playing on Vinyl a box set compilation of Baroque
With Concertos by Vivaldi - Bach - Corelli - Handel - Telemann @ Arne

9 Likes

Post dinner horizontal relaxation with the lad Buckley on a live compo - Beeb (Peel 68 OGWT 74) and a 78 Copenhagen gig. Starting with Dolphins. Strange Fruit CD rip via HiRes player. Maybe I should be listening to his ‘difficult’ albums but wot the hell.

10 Likes

Still sticking with the Zep theme but gone in a different direction…

Jimmy Page & Robert Plant - No Quarter

24 Likes

Emmylou Harris - Cowgirl’s Prayer. (1993).

Needing something gentle, soothing and of high quality. This fits the bill perfectly.

16 Likes

One of the more interesting '75 Zep boots – Bloomington, 18th February. Contains both “When The Levee Breaks” AND “The Wanton Song” - one of the very few times either song was played live.

18 Likes

51klzBgLJXL.AC
Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers - Mosaic.

20 Likes

Steely Dan, pretzel logic. :smiling_face:

25 Likes

Art Garfunkel - Breakaway

From 1975 - every track is solid gold with a top notch bunch of musicians.

I bought the single ‘I only have eyes for you’ not for any soppy reasons just as a 14 year old I realised this was a brilliant song - those lovely shimmering opening chords followed by the electric piano - it got to No. 1 in the UK.

The album contains one of my favourite songs Disney Girls.

Always wonder how anyone can remember the lyrics to Waters of March.

Great album cover with the tragic Laurie Bird moving in on Art.

20 Likes