What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

This imho is the best MJQ album, not simply the best live recording. The interplay is superb - and it’s an engineering masterpiece.

G

4 Likes

The first solo album by Pete Townshend yes he of The Who recorded in 1970 - includes a pre Who version of The Seeker.

Pete Townshend - Happy Birthday

IMG_8289

10 Likes

Phil Collins - Face Value - CD

22 Likes

Haken | Enter The 5th Dimension | 2008
Early Haken when they were just doing their metal/prog-metal thing before mixing it up with other genres in later years. A fine band of Londoners.

4 Likes

Ben Harper, Lifeline, 2007.

Listening to Ben and the Innocent Criminals on a train going to Winterthur for dinner…

8 Likes

King Crimson - USA

Recorded live in 1974. Crimson take to the stage and unleash a barrage - it must have been something else to be in the audience for this.

IMG_8290

11 Likes

Live Smokey Robinson

7 Likes

The Black Keys | El Camino | 2011

16 Likes

Phil Collins - Hello I Must Be Going - CD

22 Likes

Starting tonight with something simple - and all the better for it…

Bob Dylan - The Times They Are A-Changin’

20 Likes

First spin…

2023 UHQR by Analogue Productions 45rpm vinyl release… :sunglasses: :notes: :+1:t3: :grinning:

18 Likes

Black Cat Bones - Barbed Wire Sandwich.
1994 Cd Rip to FLAC.
Released by See For Miles Records Ltd, from the original Decca tapes.
Excellent SQ. Kossoff and Kirke exhibiting their talents before joining Rogers and Frazer to form FREE.

7 Likes

They certainly got a groove for a very short time

17 Likes

Genesis - And Then There Were Three.

23 Likes

My first UK press of this piece of Bowie greatness!

28 Likes

Phil Collins - No Jacket Required - CD

19 Likes

Grace Slick & The Great Society.(cd)
We all buy hi fi to make our music sound better and some, strangely, only buy music that makes their hi fi sound better. This intimate live club recording of Grace pre Jefferson is an example of why I could live without hi fi but could not survive without music.

@Eoink Don’t know which is my favourite version of Sally go round the roses but this is a contender imo

12 Likes

Well said.

1 Like

Continuing with Genesis

Duke.

23 Likes

Agnes Obel, philharmonics. :smiling_face:

16 Likes