What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Just got this out to play the first track tomorrow morning.

19 Likes

Stone Temple Pilots - Purple. (1994).

Raw loud grungy talent, with a bit of blues rock and psych thrown in. This one might be staying downstairs for a while.

7 Likes

Time for a bit more Little Feat, this time with RP

Robert Palmer - Pressure Drop.

22 Likes

Written by George Martin.

1 Like

I’m starting to buy a few of these boxed sets as there’s normally some hidden treasures, and they look great on the shelves! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Something a bit different.

4 Likes

Sweet Insanity boot/Brian Wilson.

9 Likes

Indeed. I like his orchestral original. I don’t ever recall R1 starting in the morning to that theme but it reminded me that when we were children, my brother and I would wait for Anglia TV to start on a Saturday morning and that had a theme tune (and a statue of a mounted knight) first thing.

Another great version of Theme One is by Bigelf.

2 Likes

Death Cab for Cutie: Plans

11 Likes

King Creosote
Diamond Mine: Jubilee Edition

14 Likes

Frank Sinatra - Songs For Swinging Lovers - CD

‘Songs for Swinging Lovers’ was the first album to be recorded at No.1 on the newly introduced UK Album charts in 1956.

25 Likes

Bach’s Cello Suite No 1 played by Steven Isserlis, in the ‘Bach Before Seven’ slot on Breakfast on BBC R3

3 Likes

Achtung, @Isca_Dumnoniorum this is an excellent album, IMO the best from SM, do you have an UK first pressing? I have the 2016 Reissue and it is fabulous, one of the best that were made by Abbey Road

2 Likes

ambient

8 Likes

more ambient

7 Likes

Mr Joe Jackson Presents Max Champion in What A Racket!
First listen and really enjoying Joe’s new album.

6 Likes

Dave Evans - Elephantasia

Earth Records have released Dave Evans’ second album from 1972 (no relation to Bono).

A marvellous blend of Bert Janschesque playing and vocals with some great keyboards from Steve Swindells.

Not quite a lost classic but a welcome re-release of this lovely gem.

5 Likes

Enchanting Mozart Flute Concertos 1 @ 2

9 Likes

On CD:-

Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit - Weathervanes

12 Likes

Charlie Haden Private Collection No 1 / 1993 naim / Austria Promo CD / naimcd005

9 Likes