What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Some Japanese jazz. Been awhile since I played this

4 Likes

28 Likes

Warming up shop hifi with The Beatles BBC Vol. 1

17 Likes

Larry Fleet - Earned It

3 Likes

artworks-O8eaN0E5d0Zh-0-t500x500

10 Likes

John Lennon - Plastic Ono Band

I’ve been comparing my 16/44.1 copy with the 24/192 Ultimate Mix version on Qobuz. The 16/44.1 version wins for my taste. The piano on the Ultimate Mix sounds a bit distorted on the comparison tracks I was using.

11 Likes

Charlie Haden Private Collection No 2 / 1993 naim / Austria promo CD / naimcd006

6 Likes

Rachel Sweet - Fool Around

6 Likes

Created a Qobuz playlist of the Steven Wilson mix and added in the 2023 version of Clap as he didn’t seem to do this one🤷🏽‍♂️
Anyway, sounding pretty wonderful…

18 Likes

Mine is the 2016 half speed remaster @krautnaimie - agreed, one of their best cuts.

1 Like

Good choice, this Vinyl rocks :ok_hand:

1 Like

‘Peter Gabriel 3 (aka Melt)’ – Peter Gabriel

Haven’t played this one in a long time – and can’t understand why. Great LP.

35 Likes

Mickey Jupp - Long Distance Romancer

6 Likes

On CD:-

Alabama 3 - Cold War Classics Vol. 2

11 Likes

Bought this some years ago when I went to Hunstanton to see Rick in his one man show.
I got the chance to meet him afterwards and he signed it for me, but this is the first time I’ve ever played it.
It’s really very enjoyable. Mr Anderson’s voice was right on point for this one and Rick’s keyboards are always stunning…

Anderson/Wakeman
The Living Tree

12 Likes

This one is excellent, Andy.

6 Likes

Discovered by accident while browsing for some choral music.

IMG_1529

Some beautiful music on here. I visited the country some years back in May time. Still light at gone 11pm with the days getting longer still, friendly people, excellent sea food, crisp fresh air that fills your lungs and the wonderful Hallgrimskirkja. I remember sitting in the office looking out at ‘edge of the World’ type scenery. Well worth a visit.

3 Likes

Had the good fortune to see Jon Amor play a couple of times this year, once in Frome as a guest player with the Russ Guitar Blues Review, and then with his trio in a pub in Swindon. He can really play that Strat. Has to be good to get me to spend a night in Swindon.

2 Likes

Rainbow - Down to Earth - 1979

It doesn’t have the majesty of the great Dio albums, but Graham Bonnet gives it a good go, before being shown Richie Blackmore’s revolving door of course.
“Your poison letter, your telegram”, sings the ebullient Bonnet. “Just go to show you don’t give a damn”.

Just try getting that last word to rhyme with Text Message. That’s why modern life is rubbish :rofl:

14 Likes

I have that in transparent vinyl, which makes lowering the stylus quite a challenge.

1 Like