What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Enjoying this it is a bit of adventure:

The Police - Outlandos D’Amour - CD

34 Likes

The Rolling Stones - Hackney Diamonds.

17 Likes

Hi Alan! What do you this about this record?
(question is for all those who got the release as well)

Almost Famous Various Artists

1. America Simon & Garfunkel
  2. Sparks The Who
  3. It Wouldn’t Have Made Any Difference Todd Rundgren
  4. I’ve Seen All Good People: Your Move Yes
  5. Feel Flows The Beach Boys
  6. Fever Dog Stillwater
  7. Every Picture Tells A Story Rod Stewart
  8. Mr. Farmer The Seeds
  9. One Way Out The Allman Brothers Band
  10. Simple Man Lynyrd Skynyrd
  11. That’s The Way Led Zeppelin
  12. Tiny Dancer Elton John
  13. Lucky Trumble Nancy Wilson
  14. I’m Waiting For The Man David Bowie
  15. The Wind Cat Stevens
  16. Slip Away Clarence Carter
  17. Something In The Air Thunderclap Newman

15 Likes

Good morning Gianluigi, I think the Stones album is a very worthy release. It has a modern sound to it and the songs are of a decent quality that lends the album a degree of consistency. I am still enjoying it after release, and have not felt the need to skip any tracks, which cannot be said of some of the latter Stones releases. If you have heard the single “Angry”, this may give you a insight into the sound of the record. Well worth a listen.

3 Likes

Eric Clapton - Reptile

12 Likes

Lovely title track :+1:

1 Like

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Pharoah Sanders - Live At Fabrik Hamburg 1980
2023 Jazzline pressed by Vinyl Plant, Estonia (not confirmed)

Wonderful live recording from the archives of the NDR (Biggest Radio Station in Northern Germany). Concert took place at the legendary Fabrik in Hamburg-Altona. Record is part of a Fabrik series (also some with Gil Evans, McCoy Tyner, Freddie Hubbard etc.).

I read somewhere that it is pressed in Estonia, but it is not mentioned somewhere at the record. Pressing is real good, can be compared with a good one from Optimal. Sanders shows his virtuosity in a great Quartet with John Hicks p, Curtis Lundy b and Idris Muhammad d. They play so well together and you always have the feeling that they had loads of fun. SQ is fantastic, the soundstage is not as wide open as it is in the Jaco album but a 2LP set for 22 EUR in such a quality is called a bargain :ok_hand:

13 Likes

Thanks to @QuickSticks for the Pineapple Thief and Bruce Soord suggestions - Give It Back just arrived from the river!

Trying these next not sure if they’re on your radar?

Ozric Tentacles - Lotus Unfolding

10 Likes

The Police - Reggatta de Blanc - CD

34 Likes

Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense

27 Likes

A couple of birthday additions to the collection

The Stones - Hackney Diamonds
Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit - The Nashville Sound

17 Likes

The first solo album - New Blue Sun- from Andre 3000 from OutKast. Surprisingly it’s not rap but ……ambient jazz with no vocals! Contains some 12 minute long jazz flute jams and a hefty debt to Alice Coltrane. Surprisingly good

6 Likes

The Police - Zenyatta Mondatta - CD

27 Likes

7 Likes

Orb- Prism - 2023

Must be one of their more accessible albums? A great mix of dub, ambient electronica and a light dusting of drum&bass. It’s had a good few plays this year.

12 Likes

PG has been releasing multiple versions of songs from iO all year coinciding with the full moon. By now, I think all or almost all of the songs are released individually, we just have to wait until Friday to see which mixes and track order comprise the album.

The Police - Ghost In The Machine - CD

29 Likes