What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Sade, Diamond Life, 1984.

She is perfect, then and now.

35 Likes

Imelda May, 11 past the hour. :smiling_face:

12 Likes

R-12965656-1545480625-2306
Disco at the Casa de Kuma!

3 Likes

The Beatles - One - CD

22 Likes

It’s less about what I listen to in the year and more about the biggest upgrade you can ever hear: getting the absolute perfect album playing for your current mood and mindset. I’m not talking about really enjoyable listening sessions. I’m talking about the really rare once or twice a year phenomenon where you pick just the perfect album for your state of mind. Today was such a day. Tito and Tarantula classic.

3 Likes

The Beatles 1962 - 1970
2023 Boxset

Just enjoying some fab tunes this morning.

Merry Christmas Naimers from all over the world :christmas_tree:
Thanks for all these musical inspirations here and your contributions. I love being part of this! :blush:

24 Likes

Enchanting Mozart - James Galway - The Two Flute Concertos

10 Likes

20 Likes

Loving on CD - The Rolling Stones - Exile On Main St. :+1: :smile_cat: :two_hearts:

17 Likes

An officially recorded gig from her European 2003 tour but not released.

7 Likes

I am just about to play an old CBS LP of Elgar’s Violin Concerto, with Pinchas Zukerman as soloist and his boyhood chum Daniel Barenboim conducting the LPO. I haven’t played it in years, so I’m hoping for not too much snap, crackle and pop from the record surface.

4 Likes

AC/DC For Those About To Rock - CD

42 years ago in 1981 AC/DC started a three-week run at No.1 on the US album chart with ‘For Those About To Rock We Salute You’ the follow-up to their highly successful album ‘Back In Black’. The name of the album was inspired by a book Angus Young read, entitled ‘For Those About to Die, We Salute You’, about Roman gladiators.

16 Likes

te morituri salutamos

One of my favourite records from ‘23

17 Likes

On CD - Christmas present from Mrs R.

10 Likes

12 Likes

First play of this one. I reckon it will complement my old Japanese original.

11 Likes

The Rolling Stones - Bridges To Babylon - CD

10 Likes

When you want to keep it simple, I love the Qobuz playlists… today it’s Porcupine Tree… Have to say I’m really only just discovering them.

5 Likes

Joni Mitchell In Her Own Words, Archive on 4, BBC Radio 4 FM

‘Rock n Roll was too dull and middle class, then came The Beatles and Dylan’. I paraphrase but not much.

Very listenable. And easily findable.

4 Likes