What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

I am of the generation that felt that things were going to change and listening to her and her memories is sad. We didn’t change anything, and her thoughts that such a massive change is now needed makes me feel both hopeless for the future of my kids and grandkids, and also just a little guilty that we or rather I, didn’t drive those changes we wanted.

Lovely program just the same.

Edit
“ if you listen to that music and see me, you’re not learning anything. If you see yourself then you’re getting something out of it”

2 Likes

See also Colosseum who were there a few years earlier (and with the Latin), but still a long time after the Romans!

6 Likes

I had forgotten about that, another good album :+1:

Pink Floyd - The Wall - Discovery edition CD

Hard to believe that this was released 44 years ago !

25 Likes

Some banging tunes courtesy of a playlist I stumbled across on Spotify, Beast Mode, music for workouts.

Cabin bouncing.

Happy Boxing Day!!

1 Like

Well, I can’t disagree entirely but: the spirit of our youth is not dead, it lives on in movements such as #me too, Black Lives Matter, the continued progress of LGBTQ etc, a whole new generation of eco-protest groups, and there are achievements and transformations in social attitudes that stem directly from the rejection of the status quo that began in the Sixties and was driven at least in part by some of the music that we love so much. As for the kids, I look at my daughter (aka The Sproglet) and her friends, and I see strong, principled, young men and women, determined to pursue change and not willing to take any sh*t from politicians and bigots. I wish them well, and worry myself sick at the same time, as parents do. Anyway, time for a tune:

9 Likes

My sister in law had this as a Christmas present on vinyl. She loves Latin inspired music. Thought I would give it a spin on Qobuz and loving it.

7 Likes

The first 2 albums in this 3 album set are excellent with wonderful SQ. Baez out Gabriel’s Gabriel on Biko and Knopfler on Brothers In Arms. The live Bull Ring album has you in the arena. Stunning stuff for lovers of Baez who has the purest of voices. Vinyl’s great but CD and Qobuz streams are excellent too.

7 Likes

Joining @Kendo in revisiting this great album.

John Martyn: The Church With One Bell

15 Likes

Working my way through this new 8LP box.

14 Likes

2023 remastered ’Red Album’ on vinyl… :+1:t3: :grin: :notes: :sunglasses:

19 Likes

23 Likes

Wham

Make It Big

Edward

7 Likes

Today I have been listening on random play to the playlist based on:

https://tidal.com/playlist/cc9b0481-ed3c-4fb4-a24f-a9be5123df6e

Galen & Paul among some others are nice new (to me) acquaintances. Have a listen and remember to vote.

4 Likes

Jonatha Brooke – Live In New York
CD|2006

Singer-songwriter. Haven’t listened to this in a very long time, but it caught my eye as I was putting another album away. Nice to hear her voice again.

3 Likes

Gift on vinyl from my family for Xmas.

IMG_0709

9 Likes

Inspired by Garrys ( Cmax ) earlier choice of Those About To Rock We Salute You
AC - DC - Flick Of The Switch …Fabulous Recording

7 Likes

And this piece of vinyl dates from c1986, still an electrifying performance.

IMG_0710

7 Likes

George Michael

Faith

Edward

16 Likes

Some more Jonatha Brooke …

The Works
CD|2008

4 Likes