What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

AC/DC “ Flick If The Switch
I love this album. It got a bit of a lukewarm reception when it came out but I really enjoy it. And you are right, it is a great sounding record

5 Likes

Nucleus ‘In Flagrante Delicto’ (Contemp LP)

5 Likes

Yeah its got an amazing vibrant sound about it .They didn’t have a producer and produced it as a band themselves. Some great Angus guitar riffs not a classic like say Back In Black
or the Bon era albums but a good solid album nonetheless :+1:
Dont play it that often but always enjoy it when I do.
Its got real energy about it …Like If You Want Blood You’ve Got it
It must be played loud :grinning:

1 Like

That’s some line-up of band and guests, Pat. I will seek it out when I get a moment to myself. Thanks for the tip.

1 Like

Michelle Shocked - Short Sharp Shocked (1988).

Bouncy and lively, going this way and that, but hanging together well as an album. Loved this album from day one!

16 Likes

Welcome @Kendo, great first choice of album. All filler…

Till Brönner Midnight / 2009 Verve / Germany CD / 06025 2706791

Till Brönner Trumpet, Flugelhorn
Michael Brecker Saxophone
Anthony Jackson Bass
David Mann Flute, Saxophone
George Whitty Keyboards
Dean Brown, Jim Tunnel Guitar
Manolo Badrena Percussion
Dennis Chambers Drums

First play of a Christmas gift from my music buddy, sounding very good indeed.

6 Likes

Joe Bonamassa

Different Shades of Blue

Edward

11 Likes

CD. Seriously good songs on here. Probably stating the obvious.

13 Likes

Iron & Wire | Beast Epic | Radio Paradise

8 Likes

Now Playing…

St. Vincent - Daddy’s Home

Annie Clark (Vocals, Guitar, Electric Sitar Guitar, Modular Synthesizer, Acoustic Guitar, Lap Steel, Bass, Wurlitzer, Keyboards, Mellotron, Vibraphone), Jack Antonoff (Drums, Percussion, Bass, Wurlitzer, Guitar, Vocals, Synthesizers), Mellotron, Piano, Clavinet, Clavichord, Acoustic Guitar), Thomas Bartlett (Piano, Wurlitzer), Cian Riordan (Drums), Lynne Fiddmont (Vocals), Kenya Hathaway (Vocals), Evan Smith (Saxophones, Flute, Guitar, Synthesizers, Clarinet,Horns)< Sam KS (Drums, Congas), Patrick Kelly (Bass), Greg Leisz (Pedal Steel Guitar), Daniel Hart (Violin) and Michael Leonhard (Trombone, Trumpet).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on this morning with Annie and she and the band are sounding mighty sweet!

18 Likes

We’re listening to the recently released 50th anniversary of Frank Zappa’s Over-Nite Sensation

It’s easy to not get past the lyrics . . . but it would be a mistake. The overall musicianship is AMAZING, due to Zappa’s exacting standards and unwillingness to accept anything but perfection from his musicians. He was quite the task-master in the studio.

And the guitar solos he rips are AMAZING as well. Great solos in Slime and Dirty Love, but a really long and even-more-amazing solo in Montana.

12 Likes

Madonna, ray of light. :smiling_face:

27 Likes

Picked up a copy dirt cheap off Juno

24 Likes

Takes me back!

1 Like

My grandad used to eulogise about ragtime and then in ‘74 I saw that wonderful 1920s Chicago caper with Robert Redford and Paul Newman - The Sting, loved it ever since!

8 Likes

Willie_Nelson_Stardust
On a Sony Masterdisc.

7 Likes

Kate Bush, hounds of love. :smiling_face:

29 Likes

Loving on CD The White Stripes - Elephant :+1: :smile_cat: :+1:

21 Likes

Impex vinyl.

IMG_0583

9 Likes