What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

3 Likes

Various Artists: Johnny Boy Would Love This. A Tribute to John Martyn

12 Likes

Robert Palmer at the BBC. Live recording of a concert at Hammersmith Palais in 1983.

12 Likes

Vinyl, wonderful collaboration with the amazing Jennifer Warnes.

IMG_0713

9 Likes

Here’s one I haven’t listened to in a while.
Kings of Leon, Youth and Young Manhood.
Their best album by far…… in my opinion of course!

9 Likes

What are the speakers please @anon17458420? I have an itch and am looking for stand-mounters to audition. Don’t tell Mrs R…

They are very cheap wharfedale diamond 220s which were fine to try out the second system but am looking for better speakers for that system with great difficulty. They don’t make them anymore and have been replaced by a newer model. Although they maybe available on the Amazon website.

Don’t worry your secret is safe with me :joy:

1 Like

Suzanne Vega, beauty and crime. :smiling_face:

11 Likes

Electric Light Orchestra: A New World Record

A little ELO once in a while can be just what’s needed …

23 Likes

Oh god, must be drunk. It’ll be the Monkees next.

29 Likes

Pretty woman, original motion picture soundtrack. :smiling_face:

IMG_7853

6 Likes

Ah, went in entirely different direction. Yippee

Whoops. Mrs R has been answering all my questions with "yippee ki yay motherf****r since we watched Die Hard last night, but I knew there was something missing. So Montana…

Edit: Ooh, and Zomby Woof! Think what you will of the lyrics, but listen to that guitar!

6 Likes

Oh, and then there’s this:
Some astonishing guitar on this.

8 Likes

That was my greatest ever Classical music concert, seeing Carlos Kleiber conduct the LSO at the Royal Festival Hall, standing in at short notice for Karl Bœhm.

The musical press gave such bad reviews of the concert that CK vowed never to conduct in London again, so what had seemed an exciting new partnership between CK and the LSO never went further.

1 Like

Try to audition a pair of Falcon LS3/5As. I bought a pair recently, to go on the end of a LP12/ARO/rebuilt Troika and a NAIT50 - quite sublime!

1 Like

Led Zeppelin - II - CD

Led Zeppelin hit the top spot on the US album charts in 1969 , (the band’s first album to reach No.1 on charts in the UK and the US), it went on to sell over six million copies in the US alone. The album’s cover designer David Juniper was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Recording Package.

33 Likes

13 Likes

Rebekka Bakken

9 Likes

Queen - A Night At The Opera - CD

The end of 1975 saw Queen start a two-week run at No.1 on the UK Album charts with ‘A Night At The Opera’, the group’s first No.1 album.

23 Likes