What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Til Tuesday - Everything’s Different Now - CD

9 Likes

Bobby Womack - The Poet.

13 Likes

On vinyl

IMG_0714

23 Likes

J for Jules is just gorgeous.

Lucky to have seen her in concert on one of her rare appearances in London.

3 Likes

Lisa Mills, I’m changing. :smiling_face:

7 Likes

Its a great track, and she has a great voice, envious you have seen her live.

1 Like

Now playing…

Melody Gardot - Sunset in The Blue

Melody Gardot (Vocals), Ana Gjud (Cello), Anais Bodart (Cello), Angèle Dubeau (Violin), Anna Pacholczak (Violin), Annabelle Ducast (Violin), Anne Lombard (Violin), Annie Tangberg (Cello), Anthony Wilson (Guitar), Antoine Chatenet (Bass,Drums, Guitar, Synthesizer Pads), António Zambujo (Vocals), Arlia de Ruiter (Violin), Astghik Gazhoyan (Viola), Astghik Vardanyan (Violin), Benedicte Leclerc (Viola), Chuck Berghofer (Bass), Chuck Staab (Drums), Dadi Carvalho (Guitar), Dan Oates (Violin), Daniel Higgins (Clarinet), Dominic Miller (Guitar), Dominik Chmurski (Violin), Donny McCaslin ( (Tenor Saxophone), Elena Rubino (Violin), Emily Sun (Violin), Frederic Sueur (Clarinet), Gabriel Majou (Violin), Gaelle Deblonde (Violin), Gohar Papoyan (Violin), Isabelle Weisse (Violin), Jean-Baptiste Bridon (Horn), Jinho Hong (Cello), John Anderson (Oboe), John Leftwich (Bass), Kasia Dubaniowska (Viola), Larry Klein (Bass, Acoustic Guitar), Lise Voldsdal (Viola), Lou Delebecque (Violin), Lucas Lima (Viola), Marcia Dickstein (Harp), Marie Electra (Violin), Mathilde Rouaud (Viola), Maya Magub (Violin), Mircea Belei (Viola), Moldovan Adela Hania (Cello), Nando Duarte (Acoustic Guitar), Naoko Terai (Violin), Nicola Davis (Violin), Nicolas Stevens (Violin), Norman Jansen (Viola), Oliver Fox (Flute), Paulinho Da Costa (Percussion), Pia Salvia (Harp), Richard Todd (Horn), Sam Minaie (Bass), Steffen Schorn (Bass Clarinet), Steve Kujala (Flute), Sting (Vocals), T.J. Lindgren (Synthesizer Programming), Till Brönner (Trumpet), Tristan Dalmazir (Viola), Ulrich Drechsler (Bass Clarinet), Ulrike Zavelberg (Cello), Vanessa Smith (Cello), Vinnie Colaiuta (Drums) and William Bartholome (Clarinet).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this afternoon with this beautiful album from Melody and she and the talent group of musicians are sounding sublime! One fine album…

13 Likes

All the best Neil - my thoughts are with you and I fully understand your words - take care

2 Likes

Been there Neil. All the best, mate.

1 Like

517FkoPX8gL.AC
James Taylor - Hourglass, on sacd.

15 Likes

Bobbie Gentry, ode to Billie Joe. :smiling_face:

10 Likes

Taylor Swift, 1989 (Taylor’s Version), 2023.

Because I liked the original which takes me to happy places and lovely times with my daughter (now 18 years old).

And I celebrate Taylor’s determination to record again and disentangle from a copyright battle. It sounds fresh, innovative, new like the first one.

This probably was risky and painful, but the result is very worthy, congratulations!

9 Likes

Mark Knopfler - Local Hero.

19 Likes

Rhiannon Giddens, they’re calling me home. I really like this too. :blush:

10 Likes

In fact, this is the 3rd remake of the 1937 original work. I’d love to find Barbara Streisand and Kris Kristofferson’s version and watch that too. It looked very good on YouTube.

4 Likes

Simon & Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water - CD

A gentle start to the day.

25 Likes

As has been observed, the ‘White Album’ would have made a superb single album with some judicious pruning.

First to go would be the ridiculous ‘Revolution 9’ - how ever did George Martin pass that for release?

2 Likes

I played that just the other day. What a great soundtrack that was to such a sweet film!

A completely different soundtrack to a TV series from around the same time was Eric Clapton’s inspired playing on the very spooky ‘Edge Of Darkness’. I think that Michael Kamen was in charge of the music. I must investigate whether that’s available on LP.

1 Like

Loving on CD - Stephen Stills fabulous debut solo album from 1970 :smile_cat: :+1: :two_hearts:

13 Likes

Simple because (if he even had the power to veto anything anyway)

“ George Martin, who sometimes felt pushed out of the frame during the White Album’s sessions, was enraptured by their bizarre noise experiment. “I love ‘Revolution 9’,” he’s quoted as saying in the 50th Anniversary book. “You could sit in front of those two speakers and actually see things happening if you shut your eyes. It wasn’t music, but it was a sound picture. “

6 Likes