What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Heard quite a few new likes (for me) on this radio. Good job radio paradise!

1 Like

10 Likes

Original title was to be “World’s Greatest Guitar Player (There’s One in Every Crowd)”.

Eric Clapton - There’s One in Every Crowd

A difficult one but a couple of tracks on this album are wonderful- The Sky is Crying and the Clapton penned Better Make It Through The Day.

George Harrison wrote a song about the dog on the cover Jeep.

13 Likes

Oh my god!!

I’ve commented before about how previously a testosterone ridden schoolboy discovered the amazing fusion of blues’n’rock that was Free, but in ´74 just as I left school this emerged from the carnage of that band, I bought it with some of my wages from my part time job in Waitrose.

Just played for the first time since the upgrades to my tonearm, cartridge and amps. WOW :grinning: Boz Burrell’s syncopated (fretless) bass parts, when Simon Kirke kicks into the chorus with a snap on the snare on the title track, and his rolls on Ready For Love, Mick Ralph’s opening guitar strike on Movin’ On, and that glorious voice (Mr Rodgers) throughout but on Seagull just accompanied by a 12 string and minimal percussion.

And there was nothing “digital” about this. :sunglasses:

Happy new year guys.

Regards,

Lindsay

18 Likes

Here you are:

Side 1 . Back in the USSR, Dear Prudence, Glass Onion, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Happiness is a Warm Gun. Blackbird. I Will.

Side 2 I’m So Tired. Birthday, Yer Blues, Mother Nature’s Son, Helter Skelter, Sexy Sadie.

To be honest it probably needs 3 sides. If I hade the technology, ( I don’t) I would make a play list.

I listened to Rev 9 this week. I think George Martin had lost control by this time.

2 Likes

On CD:-

The Rolling Stones - Hackney Diamonds

16 Likes

The music is available on vinyl, but you would probably have to source a used copy. As an alternative it was also later released on cd.

51osWIAm45L.AC_SX425
record

41o2wQ0R0GL._AC_QL70_ML2
cd

10 Likes

I think a “song” is pushing it Andy :grinning:, decent jam though

1 Like

s-l1600
The Beatles - Let It Be, spinning the blu-ray disc from the box set.

17 Likes

Andy another track which I love on the album is Little Racheal.
Happy New Year mate
Ian :+1:

3 Likes

My condolences Neil, I recognise the feelings and my thoughts are with you.

1 Like

Continuing with another Blu-ray disc

The Beatles - Abbey Road.

21 Likes

Jennifer Warnes - Famous Blue Raincoat - Tidal 16/44
Wonderful performances of Leonard Cohen songs, with the approval of Laughing Len himself.

20 Likes

The Rolling Stones - Hackney Diamonds, first play of the blu-ray disc. What a difference in presentation from the cd/stereo version with a DR5 , as opposed to the Dolby Atmos with a DR of 12/13. So much more space around the music and can be turned up loud. Really loud!

10 Likes

Starting on the album of the year list with boygenius

7 Likes

Following my current fascination with Porcupine Tree I’m now listening to Closure/Continuation Live on the 5.1 Blu-ray recording. Quite staggering…

7 Likes

George Harrison - The Concert For Bangladesh - CD

14 Likes

Sade - Lovers Live

13 Likes

Paul McCartney and Wings - Rockshow.

9 Likes

Linda Ronstadt – Simple Dreams
CD|2010

Originally released in 1977.

12 Likes