What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Yes, this is a good one.

-pat

Ian Carr - Belladonna - 1972

Finally got hold of a Mr Bongo version, sounds great :smiley:

12 Likes

Why? ‘Cos, like, er, well it’s ‘cos of…What was the question again?

steve

2 Likes

Gabrielle. 1999. Quality Pop/Soul. Strong songs imho.

“A major commercial success, the album spent three weeks at number one on the UK Albums Chart, achieving 4× Platinum status.” WIKI.

6 Likes

CD1 of this new 10CD set just put out by Mosaic Records. Don Byas motherlode !

7 Likes

Kham Meslien – Fantômes…Futurs
CD|2022

jazz. very enjoyable.

5 Likes

Great bit on the album is Ravi Shankar tuning up and Madison Square Gardens going wild with Ravi then saying “I hope you like the rest of our set as we were only tuning up”.

4 Likes

EBTG to continue ‘23 album revisits

12 Likes

11 Likes

Now playing…

Madeleline Peyroux - Anthem

Madeleine Peyroux (Guitar, Vocals), David Baerwald (Electric Guitar, Nylon String Guitar, Shouts), Jay Bellerose (Drums, Percussion), [Chris Cheek (Baritone Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone), Jivan Gasparyan (Duduk), Clydene Jackson (Vocals), John ‘Scrapper’ Sneider (Shouts, Trumpet), Gabriel Johnson (Trumpet), Larry Klein (Bass, Guitar, Keyboards, Percussion, Shouts, Sounds), Pete Kuzma (Hammond organ, Shouts|), Brian Macleod (Drums, Percussion, Shouts), Grégoire Maret (Bass Harmonica, Chromatic Harmonica), Andy Martin (Trombone), Dean Parks (AcousticGuitar, Electric Guitar, Hi String Guitar, Pedal Steel Guitar, Shouts), Luciana Souza (Percussion, Shaker, Tambourine, Triangle), Patrick Warren (Dulcitone, Harmonium, Piano, Shouts, String Arrangements, Wurlitzer Piano), Julia Waters (Vocals) and Maxine Waters (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this Friday morning with Madeleine’s 2018 release and she and the talented group of musicians working with her are sounding sublime! A lovely album to ease into this fine day…

14 Likes

Beth Orton – Weather Alive
CD|2022

12 Likes

Sideways step here… Phish: New Years Eve 1995 Live at Madison

Square Garden

3 Likes

It’s a great album, but I must admit, not listened too for a while, your music knowledge is second to none, well impressed. :+1:

1 Like

The Traveling Wilburys - The Traveling Wilburys - CD

Another featuring George and a few other greats, who are sadly no longer here.

17 Likes

‘Closure/Continuation’ - Porcupine Tree

On white vinyl. Arrived back home today to find this album waiting for me - a gift from a friend. Giving it a spin now - SQ is super, as you would expect

8 Likes

It’s a great album. I love it. If you get a chance to listen to the new live album, to my mind it’s even better.

5 Likes

Thanks @Neil0001 - I’ve just been floored by the fact that Richard Barbieri is a member of Porcupine Tree. I don’t know the band well, but absolutely love Japan. Had no idea.
Hope you are keeping well after your loss.

3 Likes

I splashed out on two Hi Res downloads at 192khz 24 bit by Eric Clapton for about £7 each with my Qobuz subscription.

The ND555 just loves Hi Res.

First was There is One in Every Crowd mentioned earlier. Both are really outstanding sound quality in Hi Res.

My favourite Clapton album. Hearing Let It Grow on Radio Caroline in the mid 70’s. Buying the vinyl with the gatefold sleeve and the name of the album.

461 Ocean Boulevard

19 Likes

Fabulous indeed with Jimi Hendrix sounding like Eric Clapton and Eric Clapton Sounding like Jimi Hendrix. Well sort of…

1 Like

Various – Ladies Sing The Boss
CD|2022

4 Likes