What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Before embarking on my ELO journey, earlier this evening I was listening to Kendra Dantes on QOBUZ. Not heard of her before and she seems to have EPs and collaborations rather than an album so despite that there is a good collection of material to listen to. She has a lovely singing voice, the material is well produced and this track in particular allows my SBLs to say ‘hold my beer’ to anyone daring to call them bass light !

1 Like

Bob Dylan - New Morning.

14 Likes

Contains the brilliant - You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real).

1 Like

The record is very good overall. My copy quit and i’ll get another one… :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

This is just Van doing what he does best and it’s excellent late night listening

Van Morrison - Three Chords And The Truth

13 Likes

41eVDF0IgZL.AC
Boz Scaggs - Memphis.

12 Likes

What is it with this beauty? I get drawn back to it time after time … late saturday night it just hits the spot. Fabulous musicianship, still sounds ‘current’, been a fan since day one, even before Pablo, so maybe it’s just that long term investment?

24 Likes

Japan - Tin Drum - 1981

22 Likes

A true master of the Strat, Gilmour just makes the instrument sing……

Sublime recording.

Qobuz/Roon 96/24

23 Likes

My favorite GL album. On vinyl:

Recently taught myself how to play the title cut on acoustic guitar.

13 Likes

1 Like

Having a Steely Dan morning- mostly vinyl but my Aja copy is a bit rubbish so streaming it- it sounds fantastic.

24 Likes

Fleetwood Mac - Fleetwood Mac.

24 Likes

Phosphorescent Blues by Punch Brothers. Punch Brothers were founded by Chris Thile after the break up of his previous band Nickel Creek. A sort of bluegrass super group except that they do folk, classical, Impressionism and prog! On this album there are works by Debussy and Scriabin. Incredible levels of virtuosity

4 Likes

Nice mellow start to a wet Sunday

Alan Barnes (s) (cl)
Brian Lemon p)

Ryan Adams recent (one of!) albums. Perfect Sunday morning listening.

4 Likes

Bruce Hornsby and The Range - The Way It Is.

18 Likes

1 Like

Ladies and Gentlemen, don’t tell anyone but I’m listening to a George Michael record!

21 Likes

Nowt wrong with it. It’s actually an excellent compilation with his best work.

4 Likes