What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

7 Likes

2 Likes

:heart:

5 Likes

Eric Gale. Forecast. Debut solo album. Vinyl. Gale was a Jazz/funk/R&B guitarist on many well known recordings, particularly in the 70s.

61lcaLCB+RL.AC_SY355

8 Likes

Hans Zimmer

Live In Prague

Edward

4 Likes

Continuing my Steely Dan listening session with Two Against Nature. Analogue Productions 45rpm version. Stunning sq and a brilliant album (imho).

17 Likes

I’m in a Messiaen mood…

8 Likes

Havent been able to operate the Gramophone for a few days due to Cynthia…
Now making the effort to give this superb lesser known Mingus 1957 Bethlehem recording re issue from New Land a second spin.

:heart:

6 Likes

Great to see some regular posts on this thread again Eoin :+1:

3 Likes

Not his best, but not bad at all.

12 Likes

Jake Xerxes Fussell – What In The Natural World
CD|2017

folk. enjoyable album.

7 Likes

518pvhiWf9L.AC
Paul McCartney and Wings - Band On The Run.

30 Likes

Air | Moon Safari | 1998
In the past year or so I’ve been able to play and enjoy this album again after having to drop it for a couple decades due to over exposure to it back in the 90s.

19 Likes

The Freddy Jones Band - Waiting For The Night

3 Likes

Thanks Alan.

1 Like

Thanks mate.

A distinct lack of Metal on this thread so here is a one I picked up from the local record store this week, full of twin guitars, solos, and clean vocals. Just what the doctor ordered to blow the Sunday morning lethargy away. From a local (B.C.) band playing some fine traditional heavy metal.

This year I will try to do better at supporting newer or up and coming artists who could do with the support. I have a big Bandcamp list ready to go…

5 Likes

Airbag | Disconnected | 2016
Not my favourite of theirs but still very decent contemporary prog’ rock from this Norwegian outfit. I wonder what it is that makes the Scandies’ so very suited to making such fine nu prog and metal?

7 Likes

16 Likes

More Messiaen:

6 Likes