What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

My yorkshire puds will be huge, whisking away to this! :grinning:

30 Likes

Love this - great music, great SQ and of the finest young conductors around

9 Likes

It is and my vinyl is far better than the CD I have. It begs for a MoFi/equivalent re-issue IMV (hope :grin: ).

1 Like

Bob Dylan - Blood on the Tracks

New Year’s resolution: play this album more often, because it’s brilliant.

23 Likes

I’m a bit the same, have three or four of their’s on CD … really like The Virgin Suicides, must dig it out.

2 Likes

bandcamp is a great way to go for music and supporting bands. @GraemeBC

2 Likes

51PrbUVCJTL.AC
Eric Clapton - Pilgrim, on sacd.

8 Likes

Birdy, young heart. :relaxed:

6 Likes

Just completed!

Bonny Light Horseman - Bonny Light Horseman

Anaïs Mitchell (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Andrew Barr (Drum), Eric D. Johnson (Banjo, 12 String Guitar, Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Harmonica, Piano, Vocals), Josh Kaufman, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Organ, Piano, Vocals), JT Bates (Drums, Percussion, Vocals), Bella Blasko (Vocals), Logan Coale (Upright Bass), Aaron Dessner (Hi String Guitar), Lisa Hannigan (Vocals) and Christian Lee Hutson (Acoustic Guitar), Michael Lewis (Bass, Tenor Saxophone, Vocals), Barbara Jean Meyers (Viola), Kate Stables (Banjo), Emily Staveley-Taylor (Vocals), Justin Vernon (Vocals) and Jeremy Ylvlsaker (12 String Guitar).

Streamed on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicked off this morning with this fabulous album and Anaïs, Andrew and Eric along with their large assembled group of talented musicians sounded mighty sweet! One very fine album…

13 Likes

I love to see some record spinning on the P8

14 Likes

The only downside is if you want to pick up vinyl, the shipping costs can be a bit steep. My list for this year will be a mix of FLAC and LPs

I will have had this dog-eared, well played and well loved album 50 years this year.

It’s incredible to think that such great music from so long ago stands the test of time. The original “twin harmony” guitar band👌

Wishbone Ash - Live Dates

I wonder if they’ll still be playing The 1975, Ed Sheeran and Lewis Capaldi in 2073???..………. No, me neither :rofl:

12 Likes

Now Playing…

Jack White - Entering Heaven Alive

Jack White Chamberlin, Drum Machine, Drums, Acoustic Guitar, Bass Guitar, Electric Guitar, Hammond B3, Mellotron, Hammond Organ, Percussion, Piano, Synthesizer, Ukeke, Vibraphone, Vocals, Wurlitzer), Dominic Davis (Upright Bass, Bass Guitar), Dean Fertita (Wurlitzer Piano, Olivia Jean (Bass Guitar, Electric Guitar, Percussion, Shaker, Tic Tac), Daru Jones (Drums), Fats Kaplan (Strings, Viola, Violin), Patrick Keeler (Drums), Pokey LaFarge (Acoustic Guitar, Rhythm Guitar), Jack Lawrence (Bass Guitar), Dan Mancini (Acoustic Guitar), Quincy McCrary (Piano), Ben Swank (Drums), Mark Watrous (Keyboards, Piano, Wurlitzer Piano) and Cory Younts (Piano).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this morning with Jack with his talented band and they are sounding sublime!

19 Likes

I agree 99% of my purchases are digital.

IMG_0155

Also a fan @Anonymoot and as mentioned I’m now starting to listen again. The trouble was that back in the day so much of their music was used relentlessly in so many ads and so many places that it both annoyed and turned me away.

5 Likes

Hans Zimmer

The World of Hans Zimmer - A Symphonic Celebration (Live)

Brings back memories of this concert at the Hydro in Glasgow, 2019 if my memory serves me right, outstanding concert.

Edward

4 Likes

Alphaville | Forever Young | 1984
Continuing on with some early German synth-pop.

5 Likes

1st run - laid back jazz

Thanks for the prompt! This one playing, CD rip.
By the way, are you in mine and Geoff’s Lemon Jelly club?, they pip Air for me.

7 Likes

nope

1 Like