What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

On vinyl… :grin: :+1: :notes:

16 Likes

Mark Knopfler - Shangri-La

16 Likes

Rosali - No Medium. Terrific release from 2021. Folk-rock / Americana.

5 Likes

Last one, then I must rejoin the world😔

20 Likes

Me’Shell NdegéOcello Plantation Lullabies / 1993 Maverick Sire / Germany CD / 9362457542

4 Likes

On vinyl… :+1: :grin: :notes: :sunglasses:

18 Likes

Kraftwerk - The Man Machine, CD rip. Needed a little German genius for an afternoon lift.

20 Likes

11 Likes

Now playing…

Foy Vance | Signs of Life - Live From The Highlands

Foy Vance (Guitar, Piano, Ukulele, Vocals) and Seán Óg Graham (Accordion, Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… kicking of this morning with the ‘Live’ edition of the Signs of Life album and Foy and Sean are sounding sublime! Weather in Seattle reflects the album cover and thought it was a nice fit to start off the week.

3 Likes

Dire Straits - Love Over Gold.

33 Likes

Keb’ Mo’ - Good To Be…

14 Likes

Revisiting a few Mogwai albums in preparation for the coming tour

4 Likes

Lots of listening today……resting my sciatic leg which is just horrible…. :frowning_face:

17 Likes

Metallica

Metallica

Edward

15 Likes

Time for a spot of early late period Lou - the superb New York - for me never bettered. Great songwriting, a variety of subject matter and tight arrangements and band. “Stick a fork in their ass and turn them over they’re done.”

20 Likes

Avicii - True. CD rip.

1 Like

Ouch, that sounds nasty, hope it clears soon. (And great choice of album to chill to.)

Joe Cocker - Civilized Man, on CD. Released c.1984 (post the wonderful Sheffield Steel). Another CD which was bought to prevent my vinyl copy being worn out!

Not as good as SS but still very good IMHO.

10 Likes

Thank you…yes it’s vey horrible….had a flare up Christmas Day……only just starting to calm down a bit….I can walk more than 5 yards today…l :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The Pretty Things - Silk Torpedo

Wonderful album released on Zeppelin’s Swan Song Label.

Nice piece in Hipgnosis‘ Aubrey Powell’s book on how they put the sleeve art together.

6 Likes