What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Back on the correct timeline :grimacing:

2 Likes

Ray Brown + Monty Alexander + Russell Malone / 2002 Telarc / Austria for US CD x 2 / CD83562

7 Likes

Hi Graham,

Yes, it does exactly that. Very handy, too, as I’ve a stack of 12” singles and a few LPs that spin at 45rpm.

1 Like

Altered Five Blues Band - Charmed & Dangerous

7 Likes

Brandee Younger – Somewhere Different, on CD from 2021

Brandee is a jazz harpist who composes her own music, and has been part of the PMJ crew on YT. This is her major label debut (with a roster of strong support) and if you’re expecting plinky-plonk and wondrous scaling, this isn’t it. It’s quite full-on modern jazz and very entertaining and worth a listen IMV – especially as the tracks on the CD differ in style, so it’s a case of keep listening :grin:

5 Likes

The George Duke sessions from recent Waka/Wazoo box set are brilliant. A very separate and distinct style to Zappa’s music of the time or since, really.

7 Likes

Long gave up trying to get a decent copy of the vinyl set (Warped Curtis) but been dipping into the excellent CD set since Mrs Dread stuffed it down my Xmas stockings…

Curtis Mayfield- Keep On Keeping On, Studio Albums 1970 - 74

:heart:

14 Likes

On vinyl……

20 Likes

You Only Get One Line…Don’t Blow It
Truer words were never etched…

11 Likes

On vinyl… :+1:t3: :notes: :grinning:

15 Likes

This was released in December so may have passed many people by which would be a shame - ‘To the moon and back … A tribute to Ryuichi Sakamoto’. 13 tracks ‘remodelled’ by 13 different artists including David Sylvian, Cornelius, Thundercat, Cinematic Orchestra, Otomo Yoshihide. Lovely record and fabulous SQ

6 Likes

Had to go out, so had a bit of Miley in the car🥰

3 Likes

Etta James - Blues To The Bone

14 Likes

Recommendation from a friend.
New band for me, seem familiar and yet fresh. Very enjoyable…

3 Likes

Love Etta, nice one @johnt

3 Likes

51hzH6b6DIL.AC
The Great Wide World Of Quincy Jones.

13 Likes

Have not listened to this in ages….the half speed mastering is great. Keith doing his stuff….

29 Likes

Joining @johnt and @QuickSticks in appreciation of Etta James…

:heart:

17 Likes

Band Wagon joined. Up next…

11 Likes

First spin…

2019 RSD release, on vinyl… :+1:t3: :grinning: :notes: :sunglasses:

11 Likes