What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Late to the party but enjoying it too. A more natural less synthetic feel than the last one. On first listen I think it’s better! Streaming on tidal but will almost certainly download from band camp.

7 Likes

Record sorting and cataloguing today.
Jazz, Classical, Rock and Pop today.
I almost certainly won’t get it all done, but…:man_shrugging:t2:
Starting out listening to a recent purchase at Uptown Records.

Edgar Frose (of Tangerine Dream fame), Aqua.

Had this on cassette years ago, so was thrilled to find an early near mint copy on Vinyl during my recent record safari😊

8 Likes

Lakou Mizik - HaitiaNola

Still from yesterday - but good so I definitely recommend to have a listen.

6 Likes

Also from yesterday - one of my favorite tuneful jazz albums

5 Likes

Quite often when Peter Erskine is behind the drums it’s an enjoyable album……, this time again true

5 Likes

Grey and rainy days… time for The Sun Myth from
The Heliocentric Worlds Of Sun Ra vol 2

Radiant stuff.

11 Likes

Continuing the journey

5 Likes

On my Qobuz home page this morning and it’s a nice thing to have on, to say the least!

2 Likes

As I started with solo Edgar Frose, it only seemed right to follow up with a favourite bit of the FULL Tangerine Dream and Cyclone. It’s one of my favourites :blush:

14 Likes

Black Roots (Klik LP 1983)

Black Roots from Bristol brilliant debut album. The original press sounds great, shame the re issue on vinyl/stream isnt as good but still very well worth checking out.
Lyrically, as with much Roots Reggae, sadly still strongly resonant to the current times with songs like, Survival, Tribal War, Juvenile Delinquent, Opportunity and Move On which seems kind of fitting…

:heart:

3 Likes

Allison Ponthier - Faking My Own Death

1 Like

Jimi Hendrix - Live at the Royal Albert Hall 1969.

A freebie given away with The Sunday Times in 2006, this has just plopped through the letterbox.

Now ripped and streaming … … … Blimey! … … … This is good.

Available on Fleabay for pennies, or £1.75 in my case, which barely covers the postage.

Don’t delay, buy it today … … … Belter!

17 Likes

Another fine UK Roots album also from 1983 and still sadly resonant in these times. The great Misty In Roots, such a shame their timeless music is almost perpetually out of print, but their almost constantly touring the world (untl recently due to ill health hope to see them on the road again soon) spreading the message without influence or concession to fad and fashion.

Misty In Roots - Earth (People Unite LP 1983)

:heart:

5 Likes

Pearl Jam

Lightning Bolt

Edward

7 Likes

Hatfield and the North - The Rotters’ Club

Another band I really wish I’d seen.

12 Likes

Done. What a bargain. Cheers!

1 Like

Just grabbed a copy, thank you Dave.
Paid just £1.65 for mine😊
Of course I’ll have to Rip it, as I don’t own a CD player🤷🏻‍♂️

1 Like

On CD:-

Abba - Ring Ring

7 Likes

Finished sorting and cataloguing “Classical”, so I guess I should play some🤔
Bruckners 7th (Karajan conducting the Wiener Philharmoniker on DG) I think :blush:

On to sorting Jazz. Sadly won’t take long, as I don’t own much. Need to invest in more Jazz records😊

4 Likes