What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Now playing…

Sean Rowe - The Salesman and the Shark

Sean Rowe (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Rob Bochnik (Guitar), Mike Bolger (Trombone, Trumpet), Isobel Campbell (Vocals), Chris Carey (Bass, Drums, Electric Guitar), Hammond Organ), Paul Cartwright (Violin), Davey Chegwidden (Castanets, Bass Drums, Percussion, Tambourine, Timpani), Daphne Chen (Violin), Danny Frankel (Drums), Geoff Gallegos (String Arrangements, String Conductor), Inara George (Vocals), Cara May Gorman (Vocals), Petra Haden (Vocals), Markéta Irglová (Piano, Vocals), Woody Jackson Upright Bass, Bells, Clavinet, Electric Harpsichord, Guitar, Marxophone, Percussion, Timpani, Vibraphone, Wurlitzer), Chris Kyle (Electric Guitar), Living Sisters (Vocals ), Frank Moscowitz (Whistle), Octetto Magnifico (Strings), Clinton Patterson (Trumpet), Sarah Pedinotti (Organ, Piano, Vocals), Zac Rae (Dulcitone, Farfisa Organ, Hammond B3, Piano), Reiko Nakano (Violin), Gus Seyffert (Bass,Upright Bass, Double Bass), Aida Shahghasemi (Daf), Jennavive Varga (Violin) and Ina Veli (Violin).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on this Saturday afternoon and half way though this fine album from Sean with his talented group of musicians and they are sounding sublime!

7 Likes

Missed that as well, but will be getting a play for sure. His A+E album is another one I’ve not played yet, the list just gets longer.

2 Likes

Back Street Crawler - The Band Plays On

5 Likes

A relatively recent discovery for me. Simply wonderful.

8 Likes

Thank you! Beautiful refined playing - I resolve to listen to more Martin Hayes.

1 Like

18 Likes

Now playing…

Martin Hayes & The Common Ground Ensemble - Peggy’s Dream

Martin Hayes (Fiddle), Brian Donnellan (Concertina, Bouzouki, Harmonium), Cormac McCarthy (Piano, Keyboards), Kate Ellis (Cello) and Kyle Sana (Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… a mention from @Sloop_John_B and @Stokie caught my attention and I placed ‘Peggy’s Dream’ in the queue and now taking out for a spin and Martin and the Ensemble are sounding sublime!

4 Likes

Blondie - Autoamerican - 1980

Rapture came up on the radio earlier, so had to give this a play. I love that song.
61SAA7vERaL.AC_SX425

19 Likes

Man - Back Into The Future

11 Likes

Some tunes from Emily Barker

9 Likes

and then John Tavener

5 Likes

Time for some late-night Faust.
The Faust Tapes
Virgin 1973

What a whole 49p could get you, eh!

11 Likes

13 Likes

Bedtime Jazz…

5 Likes

Now playing…

The Gloaming - Live at the NCH

Martin Hayes (violin, fiddle), Thomas Bartlett aka Doveman (piano), Iarla Ó Lionaird (vocals), Dennis Cahill (guitar) and Caoimhín Ó Raghallaigh (hardanger fiddle).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on with The Gloaming after finishing ‘Martin Hayes & The Common Ground Ensemble’ and they are sounding sublime! Absolutely love this groups music…

7 Likes

What a great album.

1 Like

Enjoying…

Thanks to @igahman for the ‘heads up’ on some additional recordings to “Voyageur” for me to try.

Some glorious guitar inter-play between Messrs Toure and Diabate.

Sublime
Qobuz/Roon 44.1/16
ERA-1s

13 Likes

Ball Park Music Good Mood

4 Likes

It’s my favourite Moody Blues album :+1:

1 Like

3 Likes