What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Poison

Open Up And Say . . . Ahh!

Edward

3 Likes

Another one with better sound

3 Likes

Monty Alexander In Tokyo / 2004 OJC / US CD / OJCCD10982

5 Likes

Magnum

On a Storyteller’s Night

Edward

5 Likes

@AndyPIllustrated Musical Encyclopaedia (10 Records, 1986) is a slightly different version of the original 1983 Music Book (apols for the poor Japanese translation - maybe Music Encyclopaedia is better) LP, which came out only in Japan on School Records and had a free 12" single. It has a similar cover but a different tracklist – the newer, “international” version contains “Field Work”, a collaboration with Thomas Dolby, which the original does not. The tracks on the 10 Records release are in a different order too, IIRC.

1 Like

Mandolin Orange - This Side of Jordan

9 Likes

Having been hooked by Ridin’, taking a look at the back catalogue. Some cracking stuff

11 Likes

William Orbit - Pieces in a Modern Style - 2000

They were still producing cassettes in the new millenium? I found boxes full in the loft, can’t play a single one of them, but some great albums to re-visit via other formats.

9 Likes

Reuben Hoch Of Recent Time / 2006 naim / Austria CD / naimcd088

3 Likes

LP3 from this box set with the ‘Tangerine Audio Evenstar’ stabiliser newly fitted.
Porcupine Tree - Anesthetize… :sunglasses: :notes: :+1:t3: :grinning:

9 Likes

Excellent insight info - thanks.

2 Likes

White Feet & Nasser Ben Dadoo - Blue Legacy

4 Likes

CD versions of some of the streaming deluge released by Ryan Adams last year.

Seeing him in York next week, playing solo, I believe.

6 Likes

R.I.P Ryuichi Sakamoto…

2019 reissue, on vinyl… :notes: :+1:t3: :sunglasses:

15 Likes

Just downloaded - 1st run

The 5th is from a 1968 and sounds very vivid, let’s see how the 1948 recording of the 5th will deliver

5 Likes

Robert Forster - The Candle and The Flame

4 Likes

Playing LP3, on vinyl… :notes: :grinning: :+1:t3:

13 Likes

If you like your piano composition hypnotic, fascinating, borrowing from many traditions (some unfamiliar) but driven by the composer’s inner voice, play this.

I spent a holiday in Ethiopia and found the music scene fascinating, but that was mostly the local folk take on political rap and the mixture of Arabian, Jewish and East African traditions that the BBC were condescending (nicer word than ‘a bit racist’) about when I was much younger. Perhaps I’d stretch to Aster Aweke…

All of that remains interesting of course, but I missed this woman completely - my loss, now being remedied.

7 Likes

Donald Fagen Sunken Condos / 2012 Reprise / Japan CD / WPCR14718

17 Likes

Madeleine Peyroux - Dreamland

17 Likes