What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

9 Likes

Man - Back Into The Future
A great night was had 50 years ago tonight at the Croydon Greyhounds with Man

10 Likes

:love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

The Best of Bill Frisell. Volume 1: Folk Songs. 2009

A relaxed and interesting Sunday morning listen.

8 Likes

Sean Khan presents the Modern Jazz and Folk Ensemble. Vinyl arrived Friday. Forgot I had pre-ordered. Enjoying it very much

7 Likes

LP - Studio Media 2011 reissue : )

<>

Miles Davis was born on this day in 1926

born on 26th May 1926 in Alton, Illinois, USA :us:

Miles Dewey Davis III (1926-1991)

26 Likes

6 Likes

Hank Williams Jr - The Pressure Is On - CD (1981)

Happy :birthday: Birthday, Hank Williams Jr - 26/05/49

American singer-songwriter and musician Hank Williams Jr, the son of country music’s greatest star. Williams began his career by following in his famed father’s footsteps, covering his father’s songs and imitating his father’s style, before painting himself as a rowdy redneck country-rocker in the 70-80’s.

4 Likes

Amanda Whiting: The Liminality of Her. A Gondwana records release with Harpist Amanda Whiting and others. I seem to remember her playing with Matthew Halsall when I saw him live. A beautiful record.

4 Likes

Pink Floyd

The Dark Side Of The Moon (50th Anniversary) (2023 Remaster)

Edward

33 Likes

Photo taken I think in the basement of his Upper West-Side townhouse showing Downbeat awards in the background.

3 Likes

That one (for some reason) brings back memories of 70s ‘O’ Level music classes. That - and cheap Czech vinyl pressings of studied set works !

1 Like

Nice Mozart as the Sunday roast cooks

9 Likes

RT is at The Brook in Southampton, tomorrow night (BH Monday) :smile::smile:

Was lucky enough to see him at the Reading Festival in 1975 play an excellent set.

David Bowie - Pin Ups - CD 5 years box set - (1973)

It would have been Mick Ronson’s Birthday today 26/05/46

24 Likes

14 Likes

Sierra Ferrell – Long Time Coming
CD rip | 2021

Folk, country. One of my favorites released in the last few years.

5 Likes

This one is growing on me. I loved her previous album, but this is less immediate for me.

5 Likes

Mott The Hoople - All The Young Dudes - CD (1972)

Verden Allen Happy :birthday: Birthday 26/05/45

English musician Verden Allen a founding member of 1970s rock band Mott The Hoople, who had the 1972 UK No.3 & US No.37 single ‘All The Young Dudes’ which was written for them by David Bowie. Other hits include, ‘All the Way from Memphis’ and ‘Roll Away the Stone’.

Following on from Bowie’s Pin Up’s and Mick Ronson’s involvement seems only right to include this.

18 Likes