What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

An old jazz album from 1966

6 Likes

4 Likes

An old album of Eddies from 2007

3 Likes

Black Flag - My War (re-issue, year unknown)

Despite arguably being Black Flag’s best known and most influential album I never really listened to My War despite owning it, opting for either Damaged or Slip It In when in the mood. Giving it a proper spin and I really should’ve given it the attention it deserves as unsurprisingly it’s a potent eruption of hardcore punk that bares the seeds of sludge/cossover that would bloom in future bands.

As pressings go this one is fine, nothing spectacular. Black Flag were never known for audiophile-esque recordings and My War is pretty flat and constrained but still enjoyable. Bass is if anything overripe, at times swamping the sound.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Front

5 Likes

Had a good listen to this in car this morning, great album. A voice similar to Chris Stapleton minus the country twang. Highly recommend.

Teddy Swims I’ve Tried Everything But Therapy

6 Likes

Something uplifting before back to work.
Carry On is just perfect
CSNY - Deja Vu

22 Likes

Bill MacKay - Locust Land

Bill comes from the Steve Gunn, Riley Walker, Bill Callahan camp.

This is a lovely album sounding like it was recorded in England in 1970 - if it were on a label at that time it would have been Island Records.

5 Likes

Benn listening to the lovely Candy Dulfer over a late breakfast on Mrs Q’s last day of her long bank holiday weekend.

6 Likes

Who’s Next
On Record

24 Likes

Another vinyl purchase! Very good.

1 Like

Some Vienna Circle as we watch the rain :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

3 Likes

The cut-down vinyl version of Andrew Batt’s peerless box set. Gentry, as anyone knows, is one of the greatest figures in Americam music – singer, songwriter, instrumentalist, producer, arranger, costume designer, visual artist, choreographer…

16 Likes

Siouxsie And The Banshees - Kaleidoscope - CD (1980)

In Memory of John McGeoch 28/05/55 - 05/03/04

John McGeoch, Scottish guitarist, who was a member of Magazine, who had the 1978 UK hit single ‘Shot By Both Sides’. Also worked with Siouxsie And The Banshees, Armoury Show, Public Image Ltd. McGeoch died in his sleep 5th March 2004 aged 49.

13 Likes

He’s been around a long time. Think his first album was in 2004 or 2005. Some of his earlier stuff is excellent. He recorded an album with Ryley Walker in 2017

Wooden Shjips | West | 2011
Great contemporary psychedelic that manages to take you back to those earlier Bay Area sounds and emotions.

7 Likes

Time for some music as heavy rain falls (just for a change!)

John Lennon - Anthology, playing a disc I burnt, which comprises the tracks I most enjoy from this box set. Eighty minutes of alternative Lennon. Very much looking forward to the upcoming deluxe Mind Games release.

9 Likes

Billy Joel - An Innocent Man
On Record

17 Likes

Another '68 weirdy…psyke-folke (I guess) from Peter Rowan, David Grisman and pals. The first of two Earth Opera albums, self-titled.

Earth Opera
Elektra 1968

5 Likes