What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

@TheKevster, Been on a bit of a 70’s spurge of late, and the MTH album came up while tidying up my CD collection.

You will probably know a lot more than me, but never understood why MTH never quite broke through into the mainstream. Great band, great album.

2 Likes

John Lennon - Walls And Bridges.

7 Likes

Black Sabbath - Master Of Reality - CD (1971)

Released 53 years ago today 21/07/71

20 Likes

Wye Oak – If Children
CD|2008

Realized didn’t have this album from their catalog. Recently purchased, first listen. Liking so far.
Indie rock.

3 Likes

Graham Bond Organisation – Live At Klooks Kleek

The West Hampstead gig a few months shy of 60 years ago!

6 Likes

5 Likes

Sheryl Crow - Tuesday Night Music Club, a more varied album than I remembered.

11 Likes

Eric Clapton - Slowhand

16 Likes

20 Likes

King Creosote and Jon Hopkins. Diamond Mine. 2011 CD.

I bought this some years ago for my wife as she is a bit of a Jon Hopkins fan. It didn’t sell that well but was critically well received.

12 Likes

Sturgill Simpson’s new album released under the nom de plume, Johnny Blue Skies. The reviews are good. Qobuz stream.

3 Likes

s-l960
Eric Clapton - I Still Do, on shm-cd.

9 Likes

Mott The Hoople, Mott The Hoople, 1969.

I arrived to MTH because of this album art, a connection to M.C. Escher, with whom I have been a bit obsessed for a long, long time.

11 Likes

5 Likes

original reviews of the Slider by T. Rex stated

even to ears successfully past puberty, Mr. Bolan does have a certain fey charm that in the end defies analysis

is full of songs of a slightness which is wondrous to behold.

I don’t know how successfully I passed puberty and it was a few years after T. Rex’s heyday but Boylan just sounds so effortless - a wonderful album that probably makes no best of lists.

.sjb

14 Likes

A bit of a prog tragic here but if you like long songs, great melodies and lots of synth and guitar this is worth a listen. Quite prolific but generally excellent and this is the latest (one guy, Antony Kalugin, from the Ukraine primarily but with various guests)
Karfagen
Land Of Chameleons

3 Likes

The Beautiful South - Quench.

13 Likes

Tom Petty, highway companion. :smiling_face:

14 Likes

Hi Pete - hope all is well with you
I also listened to this. Recognised the sound as Mk 2 Purple so a bit dated but done very well. Interested to hear how balanced the music was - the new guitarist got good air time, as did Don Airey but I didn’t get the sense they were competing for the spotlight. Rhythm section sounded tight and Gillan stuck to the range he can now sing in. All in all, very creditable but I doubt I would play it often.

1 Like

Alison Krauss, essential Alison Krauss. :smiling_face:

14 Likes