What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

7 Likes

Bowie Absolute Beginners

13 Likes

Alan Parsons Project I Robot

18 Likes

Bowie Underground

9 Likes

U2 Zooropa

12 Likes

For your info - on the left is D H-S his son used to post on this forum.

1 Like

After yesterday’s sad news of Toumani Diabate’s passing it’s going to be a sunny kora morning with those lush twinkling notes drifting around the room and out to the garden beyond.

Starting with In Heart of the Moon with Ali Farka Toure.

18 Likes

Mudd - In The Garden of Mindfulness. Can’t remember who posted this recently, but added it to the queue, and here we are. Lovely album, thanks to whoever.

2 Likes

Some lovely Mozart to start the working week
Mozart Symphony No.40 @41 Jupiter

10 Likes

In the mood for both some Mozart and The Orpheus Chamber Orchestra, so that’s what we have😉

Symphonies 29, 33 & 40

14 Likes

Purple Hearts were my local band, saw them many times - Beat That is a great album. Secret Affair’s second album is a curiosity - great album, but rather Springsteenesque! Could have been a bigger band, but timing was not in their favour.

1 Like

Squeeze - 45’s And Under

12 Likes

Toumani and his son Sidiki Diabaté perform in Glastonbury 2014. Rest easy Toumani.

10 Likes

Average White Band - 1974 - AWB - Label - Atlantic - OG Vinyl

AWB is the second studio album by the Average White Band. Produced by Arif Mardin and features the million selling single Pick Up the Pieces.

A little bit of Scottish funk and soul this morning.

14 Likes

51UELFNUUML.AC
Jimmy Smith - Bashin’, interesting to see he is billed as being “unpredictable” here, as opposed to normally being “incredible” :grinning:. Includes his brilliant take on “Walk On The Wild Side”, augmented by a talented big band.

12 Likes

Tangerine Dream - Zeit

19 Likes

More Mozart, this time with Sir Neville Marriner and the Academy & Chorus of St Martin In The Fields performing THE Requiem

I have heard many versions both live and recorded and none have been able to replace this as my favourite.

11 Likes

On CD:-

Handel - Music For The Royal Fireworks (Original Version 1749) - The English Concert - Trevor Pinnock

10 Likes

The Allegri Quartet with Patrick Ireland

Bruch A Minor String Quintet / Brahms G Major Quintet, Opus III / 1994 naim / Austria CD / naimcd010

7 Likes

Mott The Hoople - All The Young Dudes - CD (1972)

15 Likes