What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Jethro Tull - stormwatch
The book set. All reissues should be done like this. Instead of the bloated box sets we get.

11 Likes

Deep Purple - Stormbringer.

11 Likes

Just listened to some proggy opera stuff whilst doing gardening. Phone through a simple Bluetooth headset, but it works!

Coheed and Cambria - The Colour Before The Sun

2 Likes

Internal Exile (2024 remix) - Fish… giving the new remixes a listen while waiting on the vinyl delivery.

7 Likes

Maggie and Terre Roche - 1975 - Seductive Reasoning - Label - Columbia - Vinyl (1981 Reissue).

This is the debut album by the sibling duo. It proceeds their 1979 debut album as a trio, The Roches.

Thanks to @steviebee for posting this excellent album some weeks ago on here. If I was not Steve apologizes to who it was but still thank you…Graham

6 Likes

Mike Mainieri Wanderlust / 2013 Warner / EU version of Japan CD / 8122795850

Mike Mainieri Vibraphone, Marimba
Michael Brecker Saxophone
Kazumi Watanabe, Steve Khan Guitar
Marcus Miller, Tony Levin Bass
Jeremy Steig Flute
Don Grolnick, Warren Bernhardt Keyboards
Peter Erskine Drums

5 Likes

Supertramp - Retrospectacle The Supertramp Anthology CD (2005)

Happy :birthday: Birthday - Rick Davies 80 today

Rick Davies, vocalist and keyboardist with Supertramp, who had the 1979 UK No.7 and US No.6 single with ‘The Logical Song’ and the 1979 US No.1 and UK No.3 album Breakfast In America. Davies is the only member of Supertramp to have been with the group for their entire history, and has composed many of their most well-known songs, including ‘Goodbye Stranger’, and ‘Bloody Well Right’.

18 Likes

A bit pretentious maybe, but I like it and the SQ is great. Vinyl.

6 Likes

5 Likes

:+1:t3:
Glad to have been of service, Graham.
Good, innit…

1 Like

Excellent album Steve. It was the Paul Simon (producer) credit that piqued my interest.

ATB Graham.

1 Like

Albert King with Stevie Ray Vaughan in Session

…just because :wink:

12 Likes

Alexey Volkov - The Escalation - 2017

A bit like latter day Front 242/The Crystal Method?

3 Likes

Long time since I played this beauty. Big name supporting cast. Zevon on great form. Vinyl.

13 Likes

Eric Marienthal & Chuck Loeb - Bridges

5 Likes

Johnny Cash - At Folsom Prison
Hybrid SACD|1968

2024 remastered release.

18 Likes

Sounds interesting. :thinking:

steve

1 Like

Why? What a band. And who can argue with that sublime version of Autumn Leaves?

steve

9 Likes

The Eagles - Desperado - CD (1973)

Don Henley, singer, songwriter, and drummer with the Eagles, is celebrating his 77th Birthday today. Henley had the 1985 solo US No.5 & UK No.12 single ‘The Boys of Summer’.

25 Likes

A bit of Aussie Country.

4 Likes