What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

An old favourite. Lucky enough to have the Nimbus Supercut which I’ve seen reviewed as the best version at any price. May or may not be true. It’s certainly a goody.

32 Likes

Lyle Lovett – Anthology Volume One Cowboy Man
CD|2001

10 Likes

Excellent cover art

1 Like

Nanci Griffith – One Fair Summer Evening
CD|1988

Country. Live album.

10 Likes

The Magic Numbers - The Magic Numbers - CD (2005)

7 Likes

After hard labour in the garden retiring with some choice offcuts from Ali Farka Toure on Voyageur - a series of unreleased 90s and noughties recordings made with guests like Oumare Sangare. Best is the superb Kombo Galia with a triple ngoni backing band and multiple vocalists. Usual World Circuit quality vinyl.

14 Likes

Beautifully produced album from Young. Recorded in Sweden, the obvious home of outlaw country :wink: Vinyl

3 Likes

25 Likes

Now playing…

Sarah Jarosz - Song Up In Her Head

Sarah Jarosz (Claw Hammer Banjo, Guitar, Mandolin, Piano, Toy Piano, Vocals), Abigail Washburn (Vocals), Alex Hargreaves (Fiddle), Aoife O’Donovan (Vocals), Ben Sollee (Cello), Byron House (Bass), Chris Eldridge (Guitar), Chris Thile (Mandolin, Vocals), Darrell Scott (Resonator Guitar, National Steel Guitar, Vocals), Jerry Douglas (Dobro, Slide Guitar), Kenny Malone (Percussion), Luke Reynolds (Electronic Mandolin, Pedal Steel Guitar), Mark Schatz (Bass), Mike Marshall (Mandocello, Mandolin), Paul Kowert (Bass), Samson Grisman (Bass), Sarah Siskind (Vocals), Stuart Duncan (Fiddle, Fretless Banjo, Zither), Tim Lauer (Piano, Synthesizer) and Tim O’Brien (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this Monday morning with Sarah and the fabulous and talented group of musicians working with her on this fabulous album. Released when she was 17 and all but a couple of songs on the album were written by Sarah. One sweet album and they are sounding sublime!

12 Likes

Laura Cantrell – Kitty Wells Dresses: Songs Of The Queen Of Country
CD|2011

7 Likes

Now Playing…

I’m With Her - See You Around

Aoife O’Donovan (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Keyboard Synthesizer, Piano, Vocals), Sara Watkins (Fiddle, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Ukulele, Vocals), Sarah Jarosz (Claw Hammer Banjo, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Mando-Guitar, Mandolin, Octave Mandolin, Vocals) and Ethan Johns (Dobro, Harmonium, Keyboard Synthesizer).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this Monday morning with the fabulous voices of Aoife, Sara and Sarah and they are sounding mighty sweet!

6 Likes

Saw him live at North Sea Jazz Festival, with a mix of numbers…, not so much focussed at the material of this album…., so far all acoustic…

4 Likes

Soundtrack from ITV series Love & Death

9 mins 8 secs worth of tremendousness!
artworks-000028069683-8nlp8j-t500x500

17 Likes

Kraftwerk - Autobahn (2009 Remaster)

25 Likes

The new album from Jack White. Out today. You can’t buy it, you need to find it. You can even get it in 24/96, which this is.

4 Likes

Stevie Wonder - Fulfillingness First Finale - CD (1974)

21 Likes

Like so many artists the rawness of a debut album takes some beating. Edsel reissue from 86 of an album originally issued in 69. Excellent SQ. Another Andy Kershaw recommendation I expect. Memories. Vinyl.

4 Likes

A couple from artists under represented here I feel, especially this first stunner from Bert Jansch (one of his top 3 for me).

17 Likes

Then Creedence Clearwater Revival’s ‘Cosmo’s Factory’

23 Likes