What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Stellar cast of players work brilliantly together on this funky fusion album.

4 Likes

Just read the Mayall tributes on the thread, so I have put to one side my original choice and now starting the day with

John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers and Friends - 70th Birthday Concert.

18 Likes

Sunhouse - Crazy On The Weekend (1998)

Who? What? I hear you say. I came to it late too. Now it’s one of my all-time favourite albums. It’s reflective, fragile, and stunning, with a similar vibe to Talk Talk and Nick Drake. Yes, it’s that good.

Crazy On The Weekend was adored by critics, but given a body swerve by punters. Sadly, it’s the only album ever made by the band, and there won’t be any more: the presiding genius of Sunhouse was Gavin Clark, who died in 2015.

Music this beautiful deserves to find an audience. Maybe one day.

6 Likes

Molly Tuttle & Golden Highway – City of Gold
CD|2023

Bluegrass.

8 Likes

20 Likes

It was one of the Hi-Fi records of the month & as I purchased each of these, to help broaden my tastes, ended up with the original vinyl.
It sounds beautiful but unfortunately it’s difficult to come by now.
Two friends also have the ultra rare Gavin Clark box set (I’m sure the both knew him personally).
His passing was so tragic.

1 Like

@ bhoyo…Love Gavin Clark

Have you heard this 2014 release?

2 Likes

Wow! Thanks @bhoyo. Never come across this, it’s wonderful.

1 Like

Mipso – Dark Holler Pop
CD|2013

Bluegrass.

2 Likes

John Mayall - Crusade - CD (2007)

Just digesting the sad news of John’s passing, thought I would give this an outing. The final album of an (unintentional) trilogy.

R.I.P John Mayall

11 Likes

I have not! I will try to hunt it down. He was a rare talent.

I lost the Sunhouse CD on one of many moves. Fortunately, it is on Tidal.

1 Like

Isn’t it though? I hope more people try it.

2 Likes

6 Likes

@bhoyo

Good luck it looks like it’s difficult to track down.

Sunhouse, Clayhill, & UNKLE bands Gavin was a member we’re big favorites of some members on here back in the day.

Agree with your comments regarding the amazing ‘Crazy on the Weekend, apparently Sinead O’ Connor sang backing vocals on the track Hard Sun.

He was also a long term friend of director Shane Meadows who he met at a Manchester house party.

2 Likes

That is the one that forms this box set:

1 Like

Some more Mipso …

Old Time Reverie
CD|2015

1 Like

Correct but the package does not come in a box. Double album gate fold plus the CD etc additions.

1 Like

Yes, sorry the term ‘box’ was made as it’s a multi format one.
One of my friends has two copies and is willing to sell me one at a reasonable cost, but it’ll be still more than I’d want to pay :joy:
I’ll stick with his masterpiece on vinyl!

4 Likes

Nice I only have the brilliant CD.

Now I will have to find a vinyl copy :joy:

ATB Graham

2 Likes