What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Well this is most enjoyable. Thanks guys. :+1:t3:

5 Likes

Spread the word, QS!

2 Likes

Now Playing…

Florence + The Machine

Florence Welch (Foot Stamps, Acoustic Guitar, Percussion, Piano, Vocals), Aku Orraca-Tetteh (Vocals), Bobby Hawk (Violin), Chris Worsey (Cello), David Bayley (Bells, Guitar, Percussion, Piano, Synthesizer), Eric Byers (Cello), Evan Smith (Saxophone, Synthesizer), Everton Nelson (Violin), Gillon Cameron (Violin), Ian Burdge (Cello), Ian Thomas (Drums), Jack Antonoff (Bass, Bells, Chimes, Drums, Farfisa Organ, 12 String Acoustic Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Juno, Mellotron, Organ, Percussion, Piano, Slide Guitar, Synthesizer, Tubular Bells, Wurlitzer), Joe Aukland (Trumpet), Julia Singleton (Violin), Kate Robinson (Violin), Kid Harpoon (Bass, Drums, Guitar, Percussion, Piano), Leo Abrahams (Acoustic Guitar), Lucy Wilkins (Violin), Maggie Rogers (Vocals), Marianne Haynes (Violin), Mark Brown (Saxophone), Natalia Bonner (Violin), Nicky Sweeney (Violin), Paul Burton (Trombone), Richard George (Violin). Rick Koster (Violin), Rob Ackroyd (Guitar), Sally Herbert (Strings), Steve Pearce (Bass), Thomas Bartlett (Drums, Keyboards, Percussion, Piano, Synthesizer) and Tom Moth (Harp).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… returning home from having coffee with friends and kicking off this morning with this deluxe album version of Florence + The Machine’s ‘Dance Fever’ album and she and the band are sounding sublime! Had to play ‘Florence’ after seeing the mention from @patk above… some lovely music to get the beat going for the rest of the day!

9 Likes

Yo-Yo Ma, Stuart Duncan, Edgar Meyer, Chris Thile – Not Our First Goat Rodeo
CD|2020

3 Likes

Traffic - Heaven Is In Your Mind - CD (1967)

13 Likes

Bit of Joni Mitchell on CD…

15 Likes

36 years old. Where did the time go?

5 Likes

Yola – Walk Through Fire
CD|2019

8 Likes

Boubacar Traore - Mbalimaou

5 Likes

One of Ms Carthy’s best…

4 Likes

Just back home so first thing on the turntable has to be Bare Wires - yet another great band assembled by the maestro. Decca red label mono. Crackly as f***k but deeply satisfying nonetheless.

Now where did I put Blues from Laurel Canyon - agh never did get it back from an ex.

10 Likes

Alice Coopers - Greatest Hits

13 Likes

Elvis Costello & The Imposters - Look Now. I’ve had this ages, but haven’t listened to it much. I thought it was time I gave it some attention.

7 Likes

Dire Straits - Live At The Rainbow, a previously unreleased performance from Dec '79. One of the albums from the Live '78 - '92 set.

18 Likes

I am feeling in that kind of chilled, relaxed, mid-week hump day mood and what better than a drop of
The Christians self titled album for the late 80’s.

13 Likes

Dead Can Dance - Anabasis

14 Likes

Traffic - Traffic - CD (1968)

12 Likes

Paul Roberts popped up on facebook, which lead to his artwork page. I am no expert on art, he paints in a way that it looks like a photograph of the real person. He is also lead singer of Sniff “n” the Tears. He paints the album covers too.

4 Likes

Usually play Kilimanjaro so haven’t played this in years. Cope has given us much great music over the years.

7 Likes

Enjoying on CD …theres a real haunting beauty about the songs
Love her words on the artwork …
Natalie Marchant - Natalie Marchant ( 2014 )

21 Likes