What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

I think I prefer that title, which I didn’t know was used in some countries. It was my first Dylan album, stolen from a girlfriend’s big brother when I was 15 or 16. And you know what they say about first loves – the album that is, not the-then girlfriend.

3 Likes

30 Likes

Rummaging about, haven’t played this Japanese Kate for awhile…

Kate Bush
Lionheart
Toshiba-EMI

18 Likes

Grateful Dead – Ready Or Not
CD|2019

From Amazon:
New Live Collection Features Nine Unreleased Performances from the early ‘90s, presenting what the next Grateful Dead studio album may have been. The collection focuses on the best unreleased live versions of these late-period gems, all mastered from the original digital soundboard tapes. Recorded live between 1992 and 1995, READY OR NOT spotlights performance by the final Grateful Dead lineup: Jerry Garcia, Mickey Hart, Bill Kreutzmann, Phil Lesh, Bob Weir, and new keyboardist Vince Welnick.

7 Likes

On CD:-

Mahler - Symphony No. 5 - New York Philharmonic Orchestra - Bernstein

10 Likes

Calexico | The Black Light | 1998
I’ve been away from my music for a little while, good to be back with this fine first “proper album” by Joey Burns and John Convertino et al.

12 Likes

The Band. Live 2X CD. Recorded in 71. Not played this in yonks.

14 Likes

:sunglasses:

7 Likes

A supporting cast including Soles & T Bone from Dylan’s Rolling Thunder band, Tench from Petty & Van Dyke Parks suggest musicians saw something in Young. Sadly the public seemed to disagree. I’m with the musicians. Uniti Core.

5 Likes

CD - from the Columbia Masters boxset / 2011 Sony Music : )

Earth Wind & Fire - All 'n All (Recorded and released in 1977)

<<>>

Happy Birthday Verdine White! :partying_face: :birthday:

(Founder member of EW&F and bass guitarist)

born on 25th July 1951 in Chicago, Illinois :us:

20 Likes

Calexico | Hot Rail | 2000
Feeling like some more of the same…

11 Likes

The Rolling Stones - Hackney Diamonds, still enjoying this.

18 Likes

A great compilation series of underground American R @ B classics
The Very Best Of Rare Groove - Volume 11 @ 12

7 Likes

Iron Butterfly – In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida
CD|1968

16 Likes

No point in listening to this song quiet!

12 Likes

Yes indeed. 26 years late to be exact! Recorded 1973, released 1999. Sometimes lost albums are not very good (left unreleased for a reason). This though is a terrific album which captures the first Mahavishnu Orchestra at the top of its game. In the end it was their swansong, the line up being completely different for the next studio album ‘Apocalypse’.

1 Like

Eric Clapton - Crossroads 2 (live in the seventies), listening to one track in particular. E C and band are joined by Carlos Santana and percussionists Armando Peraza and Leon Chancler for a stonking 24 minutes encore of “Eyesight To the Blind/Why Does Love Got To be So Sad?”.

15 Likes

I was watching the Monkey Man movie with a friend a couple of weeks ago, and said to her “Who’s the tabla player? He’s a complete master.” When the credits rolled it turned out it was Zakir Hussain, I haven’t seen him live for years and didn’t recognise him, but his playing was as great as ever.

2 Likes

Yes, great early DS. Love the tracks from ‘Communique’, their latest album then, released in June 1979.

1 Like

Joining you guys for some Greatful Dead. A superb late 70 's Dead album and tracks like Shakedown Street having such a funky edge and feel.
So well mixed .
Greatful Dead - Shakedown Street

7 Likes