What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

And imo the last album that didn’t sound like the one before. They were never the same without Bon.

5 Likes

Agree Pete, just don’t realise how long ago it was.

2 Likes

Elton John’s timeless classic Mad Man Across the Water, not a bad track anywhere.

21 Likes

It was that long ago I had a full head of hair and didn’t have a beer gut. :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

First listen to Paul McCartney and Wings, One Hand Clapping. Heard good things so interested as Paul can come free of the wheels sometimes.

12 Likes

Very impressed with Paul/Wings album, worth it alone for the ballads Maybe I’m Amazed and My Love. Even tracks I didn’t particularly like on the albums (C/Moon for one) sounded better.

I haven’t bought an album since Angie McMahons new album 6 months ago but I’ll be purchasing a hi res copy of this.

5 Likes

The Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers - CD (1971)

Happy :birthday: Birthday - Sir Mick Jagger - 81 today

Mick Jagger singer, songwriter with The Rolling Stones, (1969 UK & US No.1 single ‘Honky Tonk Women’, and over 35 UK & US Top 40 singles and albums). Solo (1985 UK No.1 single with David Bowie ‘Dancing In The Street’). 1985 UK No. 6 solo album ‘She’s The Boss.’ In 2003 he was knighted for his services to popular music and in early 2009 he joined the electric supergroup SuperHeavy.

26 Likes

I think I may have told this story before. About 3 years ago I got off a train and a young woman around student age was ahead of me wearing a Back in Black t-shirt, and I realised her parents were young kids when I saw them on the ‘81 BiB tour.

3 Likes

You have and I wish I had the same encounter, they were a force of nature. Everything about what was going on in Australia (probably everywhere). I never got to see them as they were so popular I ignored them originally.

2 Likes

5 Likes

As its at last Friday and nearly the weekend
Rocking out with Birminghams greatest rock band before leaving for work
Black Sabbath - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

19 Likes

Vocalion CD.

3 Likes

Breakfast on BBC R3 FM where a hydrophone has just been lowered into the North Sea, as the presenter, Petroc, his producer and the sound man rolled up their trousers and went for a paddle. Wonderful.

The needle on the whimsy meter firmly in the red zone for me :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I cannot recommend this highly enough, a real return to form with modern production. I’m listening to it whilst enjoying my new Sarum T speaker cable and it sounds fantastic :blush:

6 Likes

Good Hope - Dave Holland, Zakir Hussain and Chris Potter

A bit more from Zakir Hussain!

3 Likes

Paul McCartney - The Backyard Tapes, first listen of the little acoustic set, performed solo by McCartney, on the last day of the One Hand Clapping sessions. Nice to finally have in decent sq. @Pete_the_painter , after your earlier comments, this may be of interest Pete?

7 Likes

On CD:-

The Grateful Dead - Grateful Dead

10 Likes

You know listening to One Hand Clapping makes wonder if the Let Be project would have been based on their existing catalog how easier it would have been rather than all the pressure of trying to record new stuff. They could a have produced a brilliant live performance for some of their best music, shame.

4 Likes

True, they gave themselves such a ridiculously short time frame, with Ringo needed for filming at the end of that month. Plus, who the hell attempts to record brand new songs, just months after releasing 30 numbers on their previous album. Nevermind.

3 Likes

14 Likes